George Rose.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
Looked huge! After seeing him smiling while laying with his large stomach across the face and shoulders of one of our guys, I think Ferris, a mate of might reckons Melbourne have come up with another illegal tackling style. The blubber smother!

Side note ; Ferris had a great game and looks good in the 13!!

I think he earned himself the right to eat his own weight in the fast food of his choice...

He manned up before the game and said hate whilst rivalry was the more popular word

Heard on the Radio that George Rose played for the Cronulla NSW cup side this weekend gainst the Knights

Sadly I think Big Georgies days are nearly at an end, he won't be picked up by the Storm next year and doubtful he'll get a start anywhere.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Sadly I think Big Georgies days are nearly at an end, he won't be picked up by the Storm next year and doubtful he'll get a start anywhere.

G'day all,You're probably right Mark but I always thought he was a little under appreciated,and despite the jokes about his size he was a pretty good footballer and can't help but think that we could of used him the other night as if for nothing else he had the ability to get us rolling forward.
cheers mike

Yeah oddly enough the Sharks have an arrangement with the Storm (as a feeder-club basically).

Very strange to me, but I'd think George would be best looking for a handy-earner in the UK Super League next year.

Unless, after so many years on the Northern beaches, he's too acclimatised to handle the cold in Europe.

I agree Mike, if for nothing else George was good for getting a bit of go forward happening....even if it was only in 5 minute bursts!!

I'd love to see him playing for my Brisbane side Easts , who unfortunately have a feeder arrangement with the scum :( , but he'd be a crowd favourite down at Langlands.

RiverEagle said:
Yeah oddly enough the Sharks have an arrangement with the Storm (as a feeder-club basically).

Very strange to me, but I'd think George would be best looking for a handy-earner in the UK Super League next year.

Unless, after so many years on the Northern beaches, he's too acclimatised to handle the cold in Europe.

I think he has certain physical attributes that would suit the cold weather.

George wouldn't look out of place in a couple of Capra's jerseys. I'm sure we could sew a couple together to accommodate him ;)

Saw him going around for Cronulla on Saturday. Gave away 2 penalties and turned possession over twice in ten minutes.

nodd said:
mozgrame said:
George wouldn't look out of place in a couple of Capra's jerseys. I'm sure we could sew a couple together to accommodate him ;)

I'm sure he'd prefer to play for a winning team Moz :p

Haha! Yeah, like the Sharks. The poor old Capra's are on a hiding to nothing. Our players all have jobs that mean we can very rarely even get a full side together at training. We could only get 9 players together for a light run before playing Easts at Emerald on the weekend because of work commitments.

On the bright side, Peter Gallen and Smith Samau have expressed a desire to stay next year now. So that's a BIG bonus! :D

We are nothing more than breeding farm. We produce the talent and then export it to other clubs because we can't afford to keep them here. Give us an NRL side already!!

Moz I love ya passion. I just can't agree that an area that can not get the corporate backing to do anything in the qrl deserves a team in the nrl. Forget the build it and they will come ethos. When the Capras win the qrl tittle or even make finals once, the cq bid will get some cred. Until then yes your a breeding ground. But the young blokes want to ping off to brissy first chance they get and aren't interested in coming home. On a side note, You do have a fellow up there who looks like Georgie in a Capras Jersey. Don't know his name but he goes ok coming off the bench.

I must admit. I kinda miss Georgie.

Cliffy said:
Moz I love ya passion. I just can't agree that an area that can not get the corporate backing to do anything in the qrl deserves a team in the nrl. Forget the build it and they will come ethos. When the Capras win the qrl tittle or even make finals once, the cq bid will get some cred. Until then yes your a breeding ground. But the young blokes want to ping off to brissy first chance they get and aren't interested in coming home. On a side note, You do have a fellow up there who looks like Georgie in a Capras Jersey. Don't know his name but he goes ok coming off the bench.

I must admit. I kinda miss Georgie.

We sure do mate. Andrew Dale, better known as "Heavy". Heavy and Peter Gallen are a good pairing. You can't win the "lever" with these two. For those that aren't aware, the lever is when you use the tackled players arm or leg to hold them down for an extra second or two to slow the play the ball and give your team mates time to get back in the defensive line.

Gal is too squat and strong to wrestle with in the play the ball, and Heavy is simply to large yet energetic to control.

I am currently leading the charge to bring in the brown paper bag policy. With no salary cap to worry about, you'd think it would be easy enough, but the huge amount of politics involved is mind blowing. I hate how much pull the stinking Bronco's have, not just here, but all over the Q-Cup.

Its interesting that you say that the Bronc's influence so much control in the QRL. I have no doubt you are in the know in that regard, given your involvement with the Capras. Is there that much reliance on the dollars of those bloody ponys?

A conference system as we are seeing this year with the NSW Cup champions playing the QRL champions on GF day, is always how I have thought league should have progressed.

Remember how big the QRL Grand Final used to be. The Broncos creation surely has been the single biggest detriment to the QRL comp. Dam I hate those cheaters. NRL should have to remove them not give them 26 Friday night games.

And it's not just related to footy. Or maybe I should say, it's not just the immediate footy players that they have influence on. They have enough power to threaten players with having their jobs terminated if they don't bow to their wishes. What I mean is, they can pull strings in the corporate world to gain the outcome they desire in player movements.

I shouldn't really be commenting on here I guess because I don't want to cause any trouble for anyone here in Rocky. I'll close by saying that they do the Capra's NO favours. Everything is aimed at what is best for the Bronco's, and we NEED to change it NOW!

How do you deal with such arrogance though?? The Broncs CEO had the gall to "advise" Butch in what he needed from this region. You know what that was? A success story. A BLOODY SUCCESS STORY!!! He's standing there talking to a living, breathing success story. Jason Hetherington! From Australian school boy footy (Both codes) to QRL to ARL. Qld rep. Australian rep. And he's far from alone in the region.

Sorry for getting a bit carried away mate. I hate the Bronco's with a passion!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6