• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle Has Landed said:
He looks very unfit to me

Because he is bigger than other players ? That's a poor way to judge fitness if so, I'm sure Donny Singe works him as hard as all the other front rowers

He seems to have lost the spark that he had a few years ago. Needs a new club to reinvigorate himself

Time to punt him! Deadset liability. How many more penalties can he give away in his limited minutes?! Promote the soggy Sao already.

Best thing he did was cop a high shot.

And he is unfit. You can tell when he is walking back into the defensive line when the rest of the boys are up making tackles.

MWSE said:
Time to punt him! Deadset liability. How many more penalties can he give away in his limited minutes?! Promote the soggy Sao already.

And he is unfit. You can tell when he is walking back into the defensive line when the rest of the boys are up making tackles.

You enjoy seeing a Manly player cop a high shot? Unbelievable.

TWO DOGS said:
MWSE said:

You enjoy seeing a Manly player cop a high shot? Unbelievable.

No no no you are implying I enjoyed it, however I did not enjoy a single thing Rose did tonight.

MWSE said:

The nicest thing I can say to you is that you are a scumbag. Imagine saying that a best thing a player did was take a high shot get a grip you chump

RL Gronk said:
MWSE said:

The nicest thing I can say to you is that you are a scumbag. Imagine saying that a best thing a player did was take a high shot get a grip you chump

I dont think that is a very nice thing to say at all.

George Rose has been a good player for us. Never a great one and never one that you would confidently back to make the tackles that counted but he has been a fan favourite because he is a throw back to the front rowers of yesteryear. I love seeing the bloke turn out for manly but he is not in the top seventeen when everyone is fit. One can only imagine the career he could have ha without his horrendous leg injury and marvel at the courage he has shown to overcome it. I would love to see the big fella earn some good coin and have a couple of fun years in England because I think that the game has passed him by at the eagles.

Which is sad.

Enough with the Rose bashing.

Check the stats - last night 10 tackles (missed 1).
Last week, think 0 misses with great marker defence.

What about that run by Twinkle Toes Rose last night? Where he looked likely to create for Manly (alas dropped the ball doh).

He CAN provide the spark.
Hard to handle, gr8 footwork for his size & can offload. Really hoped that he could have become the modern day Artie.

Sad but true... injuries, suffering from rotundness of the girth, some handling lapses and can only play limited minutes. BUT he can provide that impact & spark.

What may be if he became super fit? Will we ever know?
So much potential.

Regardless of plusses & minuses, with our current injury situation we must retain him for this year. And if it is to be his last with Manly, hopefully he will up the ante if playing for a new contract.

Gee, a bit tough on him guys.
THAT knock on, yes 9 times out of 10 he'd pick it up no probs as would most front rowers. It didn't cost us the game.
Yes, a penalty for a shoulder charge, he's not Robinson Crusoe there either, it must be tough to change a lifetime of habits in an off season and to change what has become instinctive in the heat of the battle,
He went alright.

I'll tell you what though, I was mighty impressed that he pretty much got straight back up after the high shot from JWH even though he was stung. He had every right to stay down and milk it, in fact we were entitled to a free interchange if we wanted, but he showed his willingness for the battle.
There's plenty of players that could take a lesson from that - eg G Burgess.

Rose has been out of first grade for quite a while now. He may not have gone that well last night but there were a few others who were not much better and they play first grade every week. Donny def needs to work on his fitness though, with that fitness he will gain a bit more confidence also

I'm with you Bob. In fact I think he did his job better than Glenn did his. George wasn't the reason we lost. DCE and fOran didn't stamp their authority on our team. It seemed that we played what was before us, not to a plan to win.

I love George and watch him on NITV and follow him on social media but he has known for a long time how fit he needs to be to fit into our 1st grade system. Manly would give him whatever help is required to get fitter, he is the weak link in that equation. He could offer a lot as he is so hard to tackle and has footwork and leg drive. He didn't lose us the match last night, but he could offer more.

I think he's trying a bit too hard because he really wants to stay in the NRL squad. Give him a few more weeks and I think we will see his best.

I still find it ironic when keyboard clowns on here wanna knock his fitness because if his body shape when he is probably fitter than most on here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4