Get Out Clause Exercised??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Townsville Eagle said:
Just heard the end of a radio report that a Manly Player exercised their Get Out Clause. Does anyone know if this is true?

If true they can't get out before 2013 anyway, can they?

Where is he going to as des is coach next year? I thought that the get out clause only applied if Des was sacked ?

There have been rumours recently about Kite being approached by Mick Potter from Bradford on a 3 year deal.

Des hasn't gone anywhere, so if there is a player who wants out using the clause, it's my understanding that it can only be used if Des is sacked.

I didn't hear the full story so I may have got it wrong but that's what it sounded like. I will listen some more the next news break.

Hope it's just the usual garbage.

If its true, we dont want that sort of player anyway.

Of course its Kitey, he is pardoned for great service over many years.

If it's Kitey, we've squeezed the lemon really and he should be heading off to ESL, and good luck to him. Two GF rings and a CC medal. Not too bad along with his rep duties. Lussick will step up.

Any player that just has 2012 left on his contract can't use a "get out" clause for 2012 unless Hasler goes before the 2012 NRL salary cap is locked and loaded which I think would be early Feb.

I don't think Hasler announcing in Oct 2011 that he won't be coach for 2013 means a player with a "get out" contract for 2013 or beyond can leave right now. But I guess some contract lawyer could argue different.

Maybe a player is going to use it to negotiate for 2013 and beyond.

Despite being in the get rid of Des now side of things, I'm on board now for next year. But rest assured our whole season will be stories about players maybe leaving or excercising get out clauses. Every second question to anyone associated with the club will be about Des going. It mightn't be a distraction to the actual playing group, but it sure will annoy the hell out of us.

Its great to see some positive posts on here, we need to go further and not create Chinese whispers or speculate on what might or might not happen. the bottom line is we still have a team to support, a coach that wants back to back premierships and a new coach from 2013.

The scumdogs have Hasler, but not for next year as their supporters wanted, and that's made my day.

...and to all you scumdog supporters who lurk here, suck eggs, you don't get Hasler till 2013 and given the world is supposed to end 21 Dec 2012 you lot wont win another premiership, whilst the Eagles will go back to back.. rotflmao

As the radio broadcast is in North Queensland, what you heard is probably the same announcement that was made on radio about three days ago down here!!!!!! (It just took that long to get up there.)

Some players are reported to be thinking about exercising their get-out clause!!!

It is old news but things move slowly in NQ. PS Tell them up there that Joh is no longer the Premier!!!!

Personally finding all this get out clause & under table dealings a total p**s off. In my world a bit of respect go's a long way & its not the so called loyal people going here or there, the real annoying factor is the lack of respect to fans with all the announcement later garble when a decision has already been made.
ANY player who is unhappy or wants out can p**s off today as far as i'm concerned, just hate the sneaky backdoor deals that keep leaking out.
If anyone associated with Manly thinks the grass is greener elsewhere & is honourable with the decision, I respect the call & wish them the best.

Canteen Worker said:
As the radio broadcast is in North Queensland, what you heard is probably the same announcement that was made on radio about three days ago down here!!!!!! (It just took that long to get up there.)

Some players are reported to be thinking about exercising their get-out clause!!!

It is old news but things move slowly in NQ. PS Tell them up there that Joh is no longer the Premier!!!!

Couldn't agree more. I am from BE territory originally and said this place was 20 years behind when I got here. Nothings changed.

Anyway, hope its all crap as I really would love to see back to back and p%^s everyone off.

Masked Eagle said:
Maybe a player is going to use it to negotiate for 2013 and beyond.

Despite being in the get rid of Des now side of things, I'm on board now for next year. But rest assured our whole season will be stories about players maybe leaving or excercising get out clauses. Every second question to anyone associated with the club will be about Des going. It mightn't be a distraction to the actual playing group, but it sure will annoy the hell out of us.

your right on all acounts

MK Eagle said:
Personally finding all this get out clause & under table dealings a total p**s off. In my world a bit of respect go's a long way & its not the so called loyal people going here or there, the real annoying factor is the lack of respect to fans with all the announcement later garble when a decision has already been made.
ANY player who is unhappy or wants out can p**s off today as far as i'm concerned, just hate the sneaky backdoor deals that keep leaking out.
If anyone associated with Manly thinks the grass is greener elsewhere & is honourable with the decision, I respect the call & wish them the best.

Any player who says they are leaving because of the off field situation is full of it. Its because their manager got an offer which exceeds what they are being paid here.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2