get out the chequebook!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

the mauler

Bencher
at seasons end its time 2 bite the bullet, and put a broom through our stale forward pack. 4 mine we have 2 cut loose kite,rose,cross,galavao,mauro ect and throw the chequebook at the 2 best forwards on the market.the first bloke that id get is blair from the melb scum,whose off contract and it would be lovely 2 stick the knife into those lowlifes again! imagine blair choc and stewart in backrow with young guns buhrer,lussick,cunninghum.also need a big name prop but off the top of my head dont know any that are off contract. i believe with a couple of big poppers up front we have got the backline 2 turn things around quickly. any thoughts of any other big names we can grab? if we dont snare anyone i really fear for the future.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Are you suggesting we ditch 5 current 1st grade forwards to buy 2 props ?

Cross, Rose & Joe are only pretending to be 1st graders. So he's suggesting we cut some dead wood and replace 2 1st graders with 2 better 1st graders.

i beleive manly will let go of Kite,gulavou,cross,maybe mauro,and possibly terrence, i also beleive this is rodneys last year ? depending on how they perform we may see some get the boot, that still doesnt leave us enough money to gain 2 ''Big names''. But yes im with you ! Id love to see Blair in maroon and white.

id hardly call cross,mauro,1st graders.at how many other clubs would they be playing 1st grade? we need some new blood desperately,getting rid of the dead wood  very well put. and 400g for what kite has dished up the last couple of years,no thanx.

There'd be more in the account for the cheque book to spend if our CEO could manage to find a sponsor.

we shoulda done it last year and made a play for aiden tolman, he was killing it last year and he is doing the same in tonights game.

i had high hopes for kite this year, but his leg drive and mongrel is gone.

Ralphie link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=186862.msg323232#msg323232 date=1300092480]
Are you suggesting we ditch 5 current 1st grade forwards to buy 2 props ?

Cross, Rose & Joe are only pretending to be 1st graders. So he's suggesting we cut some dead wood and replace 2 1st graders with 2 better 1st graders.
[/quote]

Oh is that what he meant LOL.

Depth ?

Blair is overpriced. No way he is worth 500k a year.

I think Luke Douglas is off contract at the end of the year, he would be a great buy. He often gets overshadowed by Snowden, but he is a killer prop with a high work rate.

Copa Eagle link said:
i beleive manly will let go of Kite,gulavou,cross,maybe mauro,and possibly terrence, i also beleive this is rodneys last year ?

I'm pretty certain Rodney signed for 4 years. Still got one to go after this year.

The young bloke i think would be great is Andrew Fifita -young Tigers prop. Not only aggressive but good on his feet- massive future. The fowards we have are  not hopeless- simply average who play straight up & down. I almost thought the new Dogs frontrower might be an option till he dropped it 4 times in a row, prob end up a gooden tho. For me its Fifita but most will prob say a bit young & not  a leader but i think he is almost capable already at a young age.

Id like to see Cunningham and Lussick both given a fair amount of time in the NRL this year to see how they handle it. Maybe we won't need to import.

Bones link said:
Id like to see Cunningham and Lussick both given a fair amount of time in the NRL this year to see how they handle it. Maybe we won't need to import.

Yeah,bones,but will they get a run.Unless we have injuries and suspensions,Des will use the "same ol same ol"-ie,the players that have goat photos.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6