GF Mental Battle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Too early

Didn't the warriors celebrate that win, went on for about 15 minutes. That reminds me of us in 07. They look like they played their grand final

RE: Too early

Had the same thought, it is natural as few of them will have been through this before. Doesn't mean they can't win though! Simply that we are favourites (like Storm were tonight...)

Watching our press conference after the game it felt as if Jamie and Des were acting like it was just another week ahead.

We will be far more composed.

My exact thoughts .

In 07 the boys did similar as the Warriors tonight. Then in 08 a quick thanks to the crowd , and I clearly remember the boys being hurried off and back in the sheds by the trainers.

I've not seen a warriors side play that well since 2002. That was a near perfect game by them....there customary unforced errors were missing, that defence was brutal. Credit to the refs, they let it flow. It would be superhuman for them to be able to replicate that effort tonight. But, as has been alluded too...we still have to win the thing yet.

Gotta lose one to win one ;) that's the old cliche anyway.

We can only hope that the week will get the better of them. Mateo and Inu have played in a GF, but I doubt any of the others have. Only thing in thier favour is that NZ will be focussed on the RWC so the Warriors won't be the sole focus of their media.

The Storm let the warriors play well. They were weak in the middle and Croink kicked out when he should have kept it in, didn't play out the five tackles, and just played dumb footie. Smith was unsighted and Billy dropped the usual high balls and.... there you go. As I've posted before, the storm can't defend their own line. The warriors came down the middle and got them. Poor effort from a cheating scum side that's won only the one title, and that was years ago.

The Storm have been a myth all year. Refer to the thread Susan started in around Round 8. Their forwards are powder puff and they only win when they win the penalty count. Hint hint.

Susan was wrong about them fading out in the latter part of the season, but right in general. our destruction of them a few weeks back showed that. But I'm still shocked they didn't have enough to get over the warriors.

Warriors a more scary proposition than the storm because they are on a massive roll and are more unpredictable. They also have hohaia who is very experienced and a big game player. I'm a bit more worried about not having matai (possibly) and wolfman out there to handle the beast.

overall though we have the battle hardened, experienced team with quality across the park, we don't have the high to come down from (our win was more a grindout, finish them off job); we're playing them in sydney (but lots of kiwis will come over from bondi...) ; we have snake....

bring em on.

Good. Darcy, Gift and the team overall can focus on the job at hand instead of having the Brookie fight lurking in the background.

Not getting ahead of myself. Has anyone won the GF from finishing 8th, 7th, 6th or or 5th.

What was the lowest ranked team that has won a GF?

Bulldogs beat Manly in grand final in 95 from 6th on the table, it was 1st year of top 8. Bronco's won from 5th in 93 and Raiders in 89, Roosters in 02,Tigers in 05 and Storm in 10 won comp from 4th place

meant storm in 09 not 10

This is where we have the big advantage. A side with oodles of big match and Grand Final experience. I think 9 of our players have played in a GF previously. The Warriors on the other hand only have Mateo and Inu with GF experience, and both of those guys are mentally fragile individuals. Both sides have inexperienced halves but we have the cool heads around to help DCE and Foz, I'm thinking Killer here especially will be a big help to our young guns. The Warriors may fall into the trap of having played their GF a week early and this week may well be overwhelming for them. Although I must admit Ivan Cleary seems a clear head, but it will be a tough ask for him to keep them focussed. The fact that the RWC is on over there will take some of the heat off them in terms of expectation and media commitments.

My only concern is that our boys would have been primed to be playing against the Storm and I can only assume that the expectation was that we would be facing the Scum next week. Do they subconsciously switch off a little now that the Warriors have won ? Let's hope not.

I counted 10 of our guys with GF experience, plus King and Wolf who would still be around during the lead-up lending advice. Warriors probably only have Inu Mateo Berrigan & Hohaia? I think the coach Cleary played a GF himself.

Des will have our team ready, I've no doubt about that. Anything can happen in a GF (for those too young to know about 1969) but we'll start favourites and I'm very confident. Have to start saving for the WCC :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4