Gidley under the high ball

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Today on either the Sunday Footy Show or The Roast, they showed a couple of clips of Gidley taking the high ball near his line. You wouldn't want to be trying to be anywhere near him when he comes down after the leap because his leg/s go to the horizontal towards the attacking player on both clips that were played. I don't know whether he does that all of the time but it would make the attacking player think twice about immediately tackling him.

That's smart play by Gidley.  Protects himself and keeps other players out of the contest.  Worth practicing ourselves, keep those knees up.

Good, let's hope it's Billy the Grub who cops a boot in the mouth, he deserves nothing less.

Rex link said:
That's smart play by Gidley.  Protects himself and keeps other players out of the contest.  Worth practicing ourselves, keep those knees up.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's a pity Brett didn't use that technique in the 2007 GF. I think that Crocker would have come off second best.

Did anyone see the clip last Thursday night where Gould pointed out the weakness in Lyon defensively ?

I had never noticed it, but he had the vision to back it up. He prefers to hit his target with his right hand shoulder, and Thurston would feign that he was heading to that shoulder, then duck back onto his left, left Lyon grabbing at thin air,  and was away and they made breaks while also scoring off it
He said when he coached him in his 1st Origin series, he encouraged him to come up and cut off the play, and he made a few good hits on Tate and Co

yeah i saw that. Was harsh to single him out though. What about Jennings defence? im sure they will target him more than Lyon.

Jamie's defense is good.  The trouble being is, that he will have to babysit the rest of the backline.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7