Gift Captain?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Today's Herald has a back page of the 64 people participating in some independent commission forum tomorrow, comprising coaches, CEOs, captains and owners (?).  Interesting to note Glenn Stewart is our player representative as "captain".  I could live with him as skipper.

I think it is more onfield & off field as killer doesn't like the spotlight.

Due to Brett's predictiment I doubt Gift will get the role

The Wheel link said:

What does Brett's predicament have to do with it? They have no reason or right to be prejudicial/discriminatory towards Gift just because his brother is in a bit of trouble at the moment for something that he may or may not have done.

I also noticed that Mata.

Is it also just a coincedence that Gift broke his personal media ban a few weeks ago???

Jethro link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=182281.msg249239#msg249239 date=1263768040]

What does Brett's predicament have to do with it? They have no reason or right to be prejudicial/discriminatory towards Gift just because his brother is in a bit of trouble at the moment for something that he may or may not have done.
[/quote]

No but having a captain that doesnt talk to the media would make things difficult.

Might as well get Wayne Bennett as coach, that would make press conferences interesting.

Fro link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=182281.msg249267#msg249267 date=1263783529]

[/quote]

No but having a captain that doesnt talk to the media would make things difficult.

Might as well get Wayne Bennett as coach, that would make press conferences interesting.
[/quote]

He broke his silence.........

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/stewart-sour-over-brothers-treatment/story-e6frexnr-1225813797678

Fro link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=182281.msg249267#msg249267 date=1263783529]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I doubt the club wants every 2nd question at a post game media conference about off field issues.  Additionally Glen has quite an adverse 'relationship' with the media after what happen to Brett last year.  Fro has hit the nail on the head

I don't think Brett's situation counts against him.  One would expect an elder brother to look out for a younger one in some regards and when the whole case goes pear-shaped and Brett is vindicated, there'll be plenty of sympathy for both. 

For what it's worth, they just showed footage from the meeting that showed, Des, Lowe and Jason King as the Manly reps. No Gift in sight.

what chance co-captains, Gift to lead on-field in the real stuff, and someone else to step in for the media commitments?

I guess the whole matai choc bashin incident could be thrown in here aswell,is it possible choc may have been the one to attend the meeting had he not been busted up over the weekend?

Matabele link said:
I don't think Brett's situation counts against him.  One would expect an elder brother to look out for a younger one in some regards and when the whole case goes pear-shaped and Brett is vindicated, there'll be plenty of sympathy for both. 

As usual you miss the point.

If Stewart Jr goes to court in say May, won't Stewart Sr. have his mind on other things, and by extension he will not be able to keep a low profile and support his brother as he will be getting hammered by the media to keep the story simmering.

But you can bing up Pizza again in this thread as well.

I'd have no problem with King as captain - he was probably our 2nd best prop last year after George Rose. The problem is the man hasn't played a full season of Rugby League - ever - as far as I can tell.

Until the captaincy is decided King was a good choice. He is a lawyer and also the players representative on the RL Players Association, which is basically a union. He has also been mentioned as being in line for the captaincy but it is hard to see a prop who plays just over half a game getting the gig. Choc couldn't have made it due to being hospitalised. I still think Lyon is the right choice but he needs to use a few more words with the press than he has done in the past.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2