Gift gone...... to Souths!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Normie

Bencher
It is being reported by Dean Ritchie that Gift has officially quit Manly with his new club announced @ 9:30.......

RE: Gift gone......

https://twitter.com/BulldogRitchie/status/458380712719044608

Dean Ritchie ‏@BulldogRitchie

BREAKING; Glenn Stewart has officially quit Manly. His new club will be announced in 30 mins.

Seems most are pointing at Souths.

https://twitter.com/BulldogRitchie/status/458383454967586817

Dean Ritchie ‏@BulldogRitchie

BREAKING: Glenn Stewart has officially signed a two-year deal with South Sydney.

According to the proven sensationalist, Danny Wiedler, every Manly player is now set to walk out on the club, starting with Matai.
He reckons this decision will have repercussions for years and years to come and will probably tear the Sea Eagles to shreds and stuff up the rest of the season.

Yep, the sky is falling in because of the loss of a handy backrower.

I'm nearly in tears.

All the effort and gambling Manly take on guys like Gift Snake Choc Matai Ballin Dce Foz.

There needs to be exemptions on players that debut and play 5+ consecutive years at 1 club. It's just unfair.

I hope he's on $800,000 a season with them. Good luck Gift. :(

Gee. Last week I read on here that he had signed a MOU with Canberra.
Don't tell me not everything you read is unreliable?

If this is report true

Thank you Gift for your wonderful career at manly in the beloved maroon and white jumper

You have given us so many memories will never forget battle of Brookvale and 2011 grand final!!

One positive I cannot see Brett going to souths!!

2014 is now starting to feel like 2008 a lot!!
Now this is settled lets send Gift out in the best possible fashion

WAMF said:
According to the proven sensationalist, Danny Wiedler, every Manly player is now set to walk out on the club, starting with Matai.
He reckons this decision will have repercussions for years and years to come and will probably tear the Sea Eagles to shreds and stuff up the rest of the season.

Yep, the sky is falling in because of the loss of a handy backrower.

Maybe Danny can tell us all how Manly could legally break the cap to keep all these players? Or should Manly forget having 25 players and just have a squad of 10 for 2015?

And the world is still spinning, and we're all still alive, funny that ! Sad to see the gift go ! Now it's a matter of securing the future of our other stars, that will be the hard part !

bob dylan said:
No Burgess, no Teo. They will have heaps left in their cap.

Good luck to Glenn he is an All Time Manly Great.

EagleBoi13 said:
bye Glenn, thanks for EVERYTHING. so sad to see you leave :(

Yes but they have also bought Tim Grant this week...and have only lost Burgess....

Great player for the Eagles who busted his gut each and every week. A rarity in todays game- an old time footballer, not just an athlete.

There will be no mass exodus but anyone who thinks this will not effect our chances is deluding themselves.Without getting caught up in the rights and wrongs of keeping him/letting him go the simple fact is the Stewarts are so much a part of the fabric of this great club that it will take a monumental effort by Tooves to overcome it.

So that's now gift, kitey, joe, George....how tight are we with this salary cap and for how many more years !!!

Souths have it up on their website.

Not sure when/if Manly will do the same.

edit: I know I don't have all the facts, but the inaction of the nrl and long serving players has left me a little pis5ed off.

Especially now clubs are being told that there are 'must do's' regarding attendance, etc to get nrl money.

Makes if harder when fav sons are forced to leave whilst mercenaries like sbw have more rules bent for them than roosters in last years gf.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2