Gifty South Contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

FlyingHigh

Reserve Grader
So just to clear up what I've been reading lately - Gifty has signed with South but can actually get out of that contact before round 13? Surely if we can get a 3rd party deal or use the extra money for longterm players announced today for him to stay. And all with re - signing DCE as well :)

He isn't part of the plan for the club. If he was we would have signed him. He will be a bunny.

Jerry1 said:
He isn't part of the plan for the club. If he was we would have signed him. He will be a bunny.

That's the reality. Everything else was just a sham.

Yeah and even if all this made it ''possible'' for us to offer Gift enough, the timing of it now makes it incredibly awkward for him to back out of the Bunny-deal.

I'd like to think we wanted Glenn to finish with us...perhaps not, as others say.

It's very hard not to be cynical and extremely peeved at the NRL for announcing the changes straight after Gift's announcement to leave.

• 👍
Reactions: mbe
It's only an extra $50k for next year. Wasn't going to make any difference for any team that piddling amount.

I thought, reading through all the changes in the other thread mick, it may have added up to a fair bit more than that.

Perhaps all just largely hot air in the end, but still the height of arrogance to announce it now.

Yeah the increase in the long term player allowance was a joke.

Knowing the NRL they will double after Rd13 when gift can't back out.

I agree, gift wasn't apart of the clubs future plan. They will use that coin to keep guys like DCE, Foz and Hiku.

With these new concessions, Gifty should speak to Union. Then Dave Smith could chip in plus we could use the long serving player allowance so that he could stay with us. And Gifty would then be on good money. :dodgy:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4