Give us back the 1997 Premiership!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Now that the ultimate confession of banned substance abuse by Drugcastle in the year 1997 has finally been confessed, isn't it time the Drug cheats of 1997 are erased from the record books as 1997 Premiers, with the title now going to the clean side that competed in the Grand Final?

Newcastle winning the 1997 premiership was the greatest thing that ever happened to the then ARL. It justified their decision to pay millions to Newcastle to stop them defecting to SL and effectly crushed the Newcastle Mariners SL team.

If the ARL were serious about drugs the title would have been yanked from Newcastle as soon as the steriod testing was available. That however would have alienated Newcastle from the ARL.

I would say drugs are more common in the sport than just A. Johns Mata. We could be openning a pandora's box here. I'll tell you in person about Mr Xipolitis bucks night that was in the paper about 8 months ago. VEEEEERY interesting.

Get over this one. Nothing is going to change and it will only make us look like bleating whingers!!!

hehehehe...."look like"?

I was certainly curious about performance enhancing rumours, but not recreation banned substances.
But really, how hollow would it be though to be awarded the 97' premiership now......

It was that corrupt refferee who allowed a steroid taking McDougall to stomp all over Toovs that lost us the grandfinal. From that illegal play they were down on our line. Disgraceful performance and one that will go down as one of the greatest infamies of the game. That, and the ridiculous suspension of our hooker , what ever the fuq his name was, the week before that ensured the ARL darlings of the time that title. I'll never forget or forgive.

Wake up Mata.
If they were on pingers the night before the game, we'd have won easily. E isn't cheating, it's a hinderance.

The cheating bit is the roids. They already got caught for that & we didn't get gven the trophy, so why would this make a difference ?

Jesus you blokes go on with some fanciful crap.

Oh yeah, and the supremo of the ARL at the time was a piss weak idiot tiger supporter. It's a wonder they were'nt granted the title in perpetuity.

I remember having some minor consolation of knowing a down-and-out Newcastle city (they had just closed the steel works) did have something to be cheery about in '97. But the subsequent catching of the 'rhoid cheats and Chief's admission that they went out in the second half intent on bashing the crap out of us is something I will never forget. The continuing revelation that the entire club was dirty and on every type of drug is not surprising. I'm with Mata - strike the scum's names from the record books.

And plow the town up, and then plow salt into the earth to eradicate any remnant of those cheating fuqs. (email Mellonhead before the event)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6