Glen and Brett to dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rumour about Stewart boys heading to the dogs. Brett not wanting to play without Glen and taking less as a package with Des. This is why Fifita was boned.

Theoretically this rumour makes some sense, but Snake Eyes loves Manly and living on the beaches. Perhaps if this was while they were in their mid 20's it may have happened. But both of them moving to a new club (in a ****ty area loaded with bogans), joining new teammates, playing in a new team with only 2, 3 yrs left in their careers? Highly doubtful imo

Edit: to clarify, I could possibly see gifty going to the dogs, if we don't come close to what he wants (I think he would take less to stay). But I think Snake will stay.

On the otherhand, perhaps this rumour is a bluff from their management to force the club into keeping them both. If so, well played boys

Been waiting for this head line surprised its taken this long really. Oh well time moves on keep Buhrer and Hiku. The Stewart boys have been great manly men. But they have been at the club for some 12 years. The body tells you when it's time to stop playing. For snakes at least I don't know how much longer that Hami had got.

That's only half the story. The Dogs pulled out of the Fifita deal so they could sign Brett , Glenn, Killer, Hiku, DCE and Foz. They have cap space because Ben Barba left.

So Des had the Stewarts at Manly and now gets them at the Dogs because Manly's cap is full of backended deals?

And the NRL won't increase the loyalty $ under the cap as it benefits Manly who develop unknown players into stars and not clubs like the Dogs and Roosters who try to buy star players in?

Glenn Stewart is just what the Dogs need.

Jackson, Finucane, Klemmer being 3 of the very best young back rowers in the game, along Pritchard, Eastwood, O'Hanlon and the lady. That's just off the to of my head.

bob dylan said:

Jackson, Finucane, Klemmer being 3 of the very best young back rowers in the game, along Pritchard, Eastwood, O'Hanlon and the lady. That's just off the to of my head.

This

bob dylan said:

You forgot T-Rex

True about the second rowers, but they have no fullback :s
Plus Gifty plays more like a five eigth, and they lack halves pairings.

The Son of Sam may take them as a package deal, just to shaft Manly :dodgy:

It just irks me that contracts take up the first half of every Season now :mad:

bob dylan said:

You forgot T-Rex

This topic is because of a bloke named Jokester rang the talkinsport show saying that he heard a whisper

Berkeley_Eagle said:
This topic is because of a bloke named Jokester rang the talkinsport show saying that he heard a whisper

As credible as that sounds, I am waiting for somebody to put it on Twitter before I believe.

This was mentioned on Triple M Grill team this morning...but I can't see it happening. I had it on good authority last week that Hiku had verbally agreed to a deal with the Dogs, so to let both our fullbacks go would be suicide! Somehow, I am still confident the club will find $$$ to keep Glenn

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4