Glenn gone for 4 weeks.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WESTIE

Reserve Grader
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60006/stewart-civoniceva-accept-early-guilty-pleas/default.aspx

Manly second rower Glenn Stewart’s season could be over after taking the early plea on a striking charge and copping a four-week ban.

Stewart was slapped with a grade five striking charge against Brain Anasta and faced up to six weeks on the sideline.

The four-week ban for taking the early plea means he will not play again unless his team makes the Grand Final.

Roosters second rower Daniel Conn and Parramatta’s Feleti Mateo also took early pleas. Conn will miss the last fixture this weekend for a grade four careless high tackle on Manly’s Brent Kite; while Mateo escapes suspension on a grade one striking charge on the Rabbitohs Jaiman Lowe.

Penrith captain Petero Civoniceva has until midday Wednesday to decide whether he will accept a two-match ban for a reckless high tackle or contest the charge.

Must have had advice that it would fail

Won't be seen again now until round 4 (or 5) of 2011

I'm not surprised. It was pretty bad. Unintentional I'm sure but forearm/elbow to the face is bad.

He should be back for Round 1 next season, trials count as a ban, and the NRL usually has 2 official trials so next weekend and a possible final, plus 2 trials.

Mark from Brisbane link said:

Eh? He misses this week (that's one week). He misses final one (assuming we get bundled out in the 1st round). He then misses two trials.

He is then available for round one 2011.

Enjoy your holiday Stewie.

I still haven't seen any footage that shows the actual contact. It falls off the side of the screen.

incorrect mark

trials count
so assuming we do make the 8 and lose in week one
he would have served 2 games
and then we would play atleast 2 trials
he would be back for round 1

Thanks Cam, I wasn't aware that Trials count...I suppose that's one good thing to come out of this.

Good to see you being positive MB

WESTIE link said:
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60006/stewart-civoniceva-accept-early-guilty-pleas/default.aspx

Stewart was slapped with a grade five striking charge against Brain Anasta and faced up to six weeks on the sideline.

'Brain' Anasta - ha, ha, News Ltd living up to its usual high standard of quality control .

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184967.msg289070#msg289070 date=1283233408]

incorrect mark

trials count

[/quote]

Nthn NSW link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=184967.msg289088#msg289088 date=1283235387]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184967.msg289070#msg289070 date=1283233408]

incorrect mark

trials count

[/quote]
[/quote]I thought I read somewhere that only 1 trial counted as 1 weeks worth suspension.If this is so then he will be back round 2.

Leagues become a game of poofters and sheilas.Add News Ltd and the cane toads and youve got it all right here.

2 trial games count to,so it might be the GF or round 2 next year

He's a dic..k..d Manly have injuries all over the park and the irresponsible fool does something stupid totally sinking his club. You can add his idiot brother too.

Terry link said:
    He's a dic..k..d Manly have injuries all over the park and the irresponsible fool does something stupid totally sinking his club. You can add his idiot brother too.

Wow. Are you trying to stir sh1t?

All the issues we've had with ref's & injuries and you want to take this line of attack?

What a prick.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6