Glenn Hall brands Foran a liar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Christol74

Reserve Grader
North Queensland back-rower Glenn Hall branded Kieran Foran a liar after the young Manly five-eighth claimed he didn't touch the ball in Friday night's contentious match-sealing try to Michael Oldfield.

Furious Cowboys players could scarcely believe their season ended in the 22-12 defeat at Allianz Stadium.

There was a genuine belief amongst the players that they could not only topple the Sea Eagles but could go all the way to the big dance - and perhaps even come up with the premiership that eluded them in 2005.

"We were prepared for another two weeks after this that's for sure," Hall said.

"We had a lot more football in us. That's the most disappointing thing.

"It's heartbreaking for it to come down to those decisions. We got beaten by incompetent referees."

Link Link to story

Who is Hall kidding. Does anyone have the video of the last Manly v Cowgirls game where Hall does his best Romario impersonation, throwing himself to the floor and claiming obstruction which led to Manly's try being dissallowed - Hypocritus Maximus

Surely Hall realised when he left Manly and went to the Cows that he had played his last Grand Final.

All this crap about the cows being robbed is hilarious. They were never in front on the scoreboard, never looked like they could beat us and they got away with a clear ball strip which lead to their second try.

We were clearly the better team, the best team won, end of story

He can brand him a liar.
I'll brand him a winner.
At the end of the day what really matters?
And whose on mad Monday this week?

Ok I hated this idiot when he was at Manly, one of the most untalented hacks to ever play in a premiership winning team. No wonder Cuthbertson and Willow were dirty at missing out on a place in the team to him.

What they all need to remember is the tries were awarded "benefit of the Doubt" which I would think 90% of people would have to agree is the correct decision.

bob dylan said:
Ok I hated this idiot when he was at Manly, one of the most untalented hacks to ever play in a premiership winning team. No wonder Cuthbertson and Willow were dirty at missing out on a place in the team to him.

What they all need to remember is the tries were awarded "benefit of the Doubt" which I would think 90% of people would have to agree is the correct decision.

Harsh. Hall was great in 2008.

I like Hall, and it's been posted somewhere else that he didn't actually use the phrase "liar".

Hall was good in 2008 but hasn't been a huge loss. This is the sort of stuff that fuels North Qlders. It is them against the world!!!

From twitter - hilarious!
[attachment=351]

Note to Hall, Manly won by 10 points, not 6!
Blame should rest with JT passing to the sideline, not kicking out the penalty, and Tate for not passing to the Winger:cool:

No Media Guru has illuminated why Foz would hit a ball forward as opposed to back towards his supporting teamates:huh:

The Cowboys are starting to have a smell of Cronulla Sharks about them.
So close yet so far. Oh well there is always next year. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. :D

Clint said:
The Cowboys are starting to have a smell of Cronulla Sharks about them.
So close yet so far. Oh well there is always next year. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. :D
And the decade after that. And the century after that. And the millenium after that.:p

Just a couple of points.
1. In their previous clash Hall faked an obstruction and through himself on the ground. That is a type of lie isn't it? And it was done before the officials have made a decision.

2. According to the Sun-Herald he said "fibber" which is quite a different sentiment to liar. The later is a slight on character.

Hall has got the ****s because we offloaded him and now realises maybe he should have taken less money and stayed with a premiership winning teams. He now knows he's got no hope of winning another premiership while he's playing for the cows.

I guess the good news from all this is that we can expect the next time we play the cows there will be no need for the video ref to adjudicate on any possible try they may have scored. If the Cowboys players think there is any doubt over them having scored they will refuse to take the points. Openess, honesty and fairplay will be the rule. It's the dawn of a new era and it's rising out of Townsville.

FFS he is a competitive bloke who was angry at a result

How many times does he mention the word liar? 0

Does he give Foz a wrap and say he is a great guy etc? Yes

Is this a media beat up? Yes

Would we be as happy if it was reported like this about a player of ours? No

And where was Mr Hall when he claims Mr Foran touched the ball? He, therefore, is resting his evidence and claim to the truth on what Mr Thurston has said. Mr Hall is making his accusation on not what he saw or was a part of, but on who he has decided to side with. His testimony is thrown out as a poor witness and merely responding on here-say. You, Mr Hall, are more of a fool for speaking out about something you really have no first-hand account in.
I just realised the funny side of my last line: no first-hand account... and therefore as (George said to Jerry) he has no hand ;^)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6