Glenn = out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Fark gifty is out

Well that sucks. So, Buhrer off the bench to fill in?

Glenn Stewart ruled out of Tigers clash
6/03/2012 8:20:06 PM
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles backrower Glenn Stewart has been ruled out of this weekend’s clash against the Wests Tigers after receiving medical advice late today.

Stewart will undergo surgery on a damaged finger and will be sidelined for at least two weeks.

Sea Eagles Coach Geoff Toovey said Glenn had been hoping for better news.

“It’s disappointing for Glenn, disappointing for the team. Along with Steve Matai, it’s a big loss for the game on Friday night.”

Coach Geoff Toovey says there's more than enough 'grit and depth' to stick it to the Tigers.
A decision on Stewart’s replacement is yet to be made.

Now it's up to the young guys to grab their opportunity. Big shoes to fill but we've still got plenty of match winners in the team.

Hey no biggie. We are already a game in front after round 1 since 2007. :D and in that time we've gone on to win two premierships.

(does that make sense. I'm not sure if it does. but I know what I mean)

If he is having surgery, I assume he is having a pin inserted. If that is the case then there is no way he will play in 2 weeks.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
If he is having surgery, I assume he is having a pin inserted. If that is the case then there is no way he will play in 2 weeks.

Or needs to have a general anesthetic so they can pop the bugger into the right place.

Well everyone on Twitter is reporting gift is out for 2 weeks...everyone except our mate Dean Ritchie, who says at least a month.

Think we can cover him !

Forwards:

8.King
9.Ballin
10.Kte
11.Watmough
12.Buhrer
13.Trex

14.Lussick
15.Mauro
16.Robinson/or rose
17.Harrison

Very mobile pack

bennyeagle said:
Think we can cover him !

Forwards:

8.King
9.Ballin
10.Kte
11.Watmough
12.Buhrer
13.Trex

14.Lussick
15.Mauro
16.Robinson/or rose
17.Harrison

Very mobile pack

I'd rather have T-rex on the edge. Hes more effective there in attack. Put burher at 13.

As important as Glen is the Seaeagles proved last year in the finals there are some handy backups who will do the job.
It also means Lyon will possably get even more early ball & though killers game is pure quality I love when he takes his opposite centre on - if he doesn't beat him clean he invariably drags the winger in & gives his outside man a clean passage.
If Manly are strong without Gift & Matai it will be another notch in the belt for the business end of the season & create healthy competition for fringe players pushing for a spot in the top 17.

We can cover a loss in the 2nd row better than some other positions. Gift will come back freshened up aswell after all the travel of late.

Spuds Bodyguard said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

Or needs to have a general anesthetic so they can pop the bugger into the right place.

Maybe ! but if that was the case he wouldnt be barely out for more than 1 week and there would have been any need for scans.

I had a look at his strapping and it was strapped like there was a problem beneath the finger digit, more in than hand. So it must be in the bottom joint of the finger in the hand. If so I bet the doctors will pin it. And they take longer to heal than it takes when they aren't pin.

In the old days we put the hand in plaster and played in 2 weeks. I cant cop the modern day orthapaedic doctors. They are over the top.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Spuds Bodyguard said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

Maybe ! but if that was the case he wouldnt be barely out for more than 1 week and there would have been any need for scans.

I had a look at his strapping and it was strapped like there was a problem beneath the finger digit, more in than hand. So it must be in the bottom joint of the finger in the hand. If so I bet the doctors will pin it. And they take longer to heal than it takes when they aren't pin.

In the old days we put the hand in plaster and played in 2 weeks. I cant cop the modern day orthapaedic doctors. They are over the top.
I love all the inside info you provide here for us mate but one criticism. Can you bring more good news ;) lol

I wonder if trex could fill in for Glenn on Jamie's side of the field. He's pretty skillful and has played 5/8 in q cup. Is that as crazy as it sounds.

Cambo said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Spuds Bodyguard said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

I love all the inside info you provide here for us mate but one criticism. Can you bring more good news ;) lol

I wonder if trex could fill in for Glenn on Jamie's side of the field. He's pretty skillful and has played 5/8 in q cup. Is that as crazy as it sounds.

I think he could, but it'd be a waste. Let Buhrer play that role in Gift's absence.

Definately more to it than a simple dislocation if Gifty is going to be missing over a week. Maybe some issues with his knuckle?

Speaking of forwards...anyone know when Joe G is set to return ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6