Glenn Stewart Backs Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Found this little aside in an article on the Australian

In other league news, Manly backrower and Clive Churchill medallist Glenn Stewart has revealed his teammates reaffirmed their commitment to new coach Geoff Toovey at their first training session yesterday.

Stewart is one of several players who have been tipped to depart the Sea Eagles in protest at the decision to sack Des Hasler. Hasler signed with Canterbury for the 2013 season but was dumped after the club said he was luring football staff and players to the Bulldogs.

"All of the boys have come back this week and we had a chat just before, and everyone is 100 per cent behind 'Tooves'," Stewart told the club's website.

"I was actually coached under Tooves a few years ago in reserve grade and he definitely knows what he's on about. They say change is as good as a holiday, so I'll be looking forward to what Tooves brings to the team."

Stewart said he also believed the Sea Eagles were capable of becoming the first NRL club to defend its premiership.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/robbie-farah-condemns-report-that-he-and-coach-tim-sheens-fell-out-on-roo-tour/story-e6frg7mf-1226206541236

My concern is the fact that we are letting Penna anywhere near the team. He seemed to me to have lost his playing roster in the under 20's. They set records at the back end of last season losing wise.

I don't think Tooves' popularity or level of respect has ever been in question has it ? He's very much a lead by example type of person and you'd have to go a long way to find someone he didn't find his style of play inspirational.

Moondog said:
Tooves seems pretty tight with the players. Maybe Des was'nt as popular as most of us (myself included) seemed to think?

That's starting to come out now....2V will have a more relaxed (but still focussed) way of doing things.

Ryan, he had little dough and a pretty average squad when you compared it to others. Dpn't forget his excellent efforts with the juniors for several seasons. Penna has been at the club for six years so must be doing something right. As Bozo said, you are only as good as your cattle.

Ridiculous to suggest Penna's coaching in the 20s is a barometer. There has been a massive stoush about spending to the cap at that level. We have spent much less than other clubs and have Manly, Warringah and a lot of other Rugby interests draining our small junior base. Look at who has come through in the past four years - DCE, Foran, Will Hoppa, Lussick, Buhrer, JWH and Tasi (now Rorters) and you can see the programme is okay.

Dear Rothfield, Ritchie and Kent...Up yours.

This squad is tight as you dropkicks....They will be more than competitive and when we go back to back you should all quit your jobs as so called journalists...You are A Holes and Manly are strong

Whilst we're on the topic of juniors, does anybody have a list of our 20's squad for 2012.
I've tried looking around but with little success.

Ryan said:
My concern is the fact that we are letting Penna anywhere near the team. He seemed to me to have lost his playing roster in the under 20's. They set records at the back end of last season losing wise.

As others have said lack of money is the reason for this.
But noticed on twitter that Oldie and Darcy were pretty happy with his appointment might be away of keeping the likes of them at the club

MB59 said:
Whilst we're on the topic of juniors, does anybody have a list of our 20's squad for 2012.
I've tried looking around but with little success.
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/default.aspx?s=previewarticle&preview=true&id=45065&admin=yes

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6