Glenn Stewart Wins Dally M Second Rower Award

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Glenn Stewart Wins Dally M

Well deserved for Glenn. Funny that a few years ago there were posters who didn't want him and thought he was only in the squad to keep in with Snake.

Re: Glenn Stewart Wins Dally M

He has been the big improver over the last 3 years, that's for sure. I reckon BK had a lot to do with that. The fact that he has put on a bit of bulk in that time has helped his game as well.

You'd have to say he is ahead of Choc in the pecking order now, being able to catch helps of course.

Dally M Medal live coverage
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24321231-23214,00.html
    From staff reporters
    September 09, 2008

THE Dally M Medal awards night honours the best and the bravest of the NRL season. Foxsports.com.au brings you the action as it happens at the Horden Pavillion.

2215 (EST): Matt Orford continues to lead the Dally M Medal count, with 21 points after round 22. He is just one point clear of Billy Slater having failed to score a point since round 17.

“The legs are gone, there's nothing left.” – Matt Orford The Manly captain enjoys the feeling of leading the Dally M Medal count after round 22.

"The legs are gone, there's nothing left," Orford said when asked how he felt leading the count at such a late stage.

2204 (EST): The Peter Frilingos Memorial Award for the Headline Moment of the Year has been won by Greg Inglis for his acrobatics in setting up Mark Gasnier for a try for Australia against New Zealand at the SCG.

"I had no idea," Inglis said when asked if he knew what he was doing at the time.

2157 (EST): Billy Slater, a leading candidate for the Dally M Medal itself, has been named Full-back of the Year. he won ahead of Newcastle's Kurt Gidley, Brisbane's Karmichael Hunt and Manly's Brett Stewart, the leading try scorer of the year.

"I've tried to add to my game every year," he said. "I'm a more natural runner than a ball player, but if I can improve on that, I'm more use to the team, I suppose."

2153 (EST): Melbourne star Greg Inglis has been named Representative Player of the Year for his heroics for Queensland and Australia. Inglis was handed the award by Team of the Century hooker Noel Kelly. He won the award ahead of Queensland State of Origin and Australia teammates Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva and Johnathan Thurston.

"I'm just happy to play footy anywhere," Inglis said when asked if he preferred to play five-eighth, in which position he plays for the Storm, and centre, where he plays for Queensland.

"To get this award is for all Queenslanders. I'm very glad to get this award."

2149 (EST): Israel Folau, the 2007 Rookie of the Year, has been named Centre of the Year ahead of St George Illawarra's Matt Cooper, the Warriors' Brent tate and Canberra's Joel Monaghan.

2145 (EST): Alan Tongue has taken out his second award of the night, being named Captain of the Year. Tongue, who was handed the award by Team of the Century member Johnny Raper, won ahead of Brisbane's Darren Lockyer, Melbourne's Cameron Smith and Newcastle's Danny Buderus.

"Hopefully (the season) keeps improving," Tongue said, referring to the Raiders' final against Cronulla.

"I think we can (win). There's a belief among the players and the coaching staff and that's all that matters."

2141 (EST): Canberra flyer Colin Best has continued a good night for the Raiders at the Dally M awards, being named Winger of the Year. Best won from Melbourne's Anthony Quinn, Brisbane's Denan Kemp and St George Illawarra's Jason Nightingale.

"I'm enjoying my football at the moment, and that helps," Best said of his season's form.

2137 (EST): Parramatta's favourite son, Nathan Hindmarsh, has won the Provan-Summons People's Choice award as the fans' choice for the best player of the year. Hindmarsh, who won the award for the fourth season in succession, was anointed by the fans ahead of Melbourne five-eighth Greg Inglis, retiring Manly hero Steve Menzies and Melbourne captain Cameron Smith.

2123 (EST): Matt Orford continues to lead the Dally M Medal tally after round 21. He has 21 points, two clear of Cameron Smith and Billy Slater. Slater would be leading had he not lost three points after being suspended earlier in the season.

“It's outstanding, eh ... it's unreal.” – Ben Hunt The Brisbane half-back expressed himself as only a youth can after being named Toyota Cup Player of the Year.

2116 (EST): Glenn Stewart of Manly has taken out the award as Second Rower of the Year. Stewart was honoured ahead of Brisbane's Sam Thaiday, Gold Coast's Anthony Laffranchi and Wests Tigers' Chris Heighington.

2106 (EST): Penrith's Petero Civoniceva has been named Prop of the Year ahead of Manly's Brent Kite, Newcastle's Josh Perry, Warriors captain Steve Price and St George Illawarra's Jason Ryles.

2103 (EST): Canberra coach Neil Henry has been named Coach of the Year after leading the Raiders to the 2008 NRL finals series. He was presented with the award by Judy Gibson, the wife of the Coach of the Century, Jack Gibson.

Henry won the award ahead of Melbourne's Craig Bellamy, Manly's Des Hasler and Cronulla's Ricky Stuart.

"It's a tremendous honour," Henry said. "I don't know what to say, really.

"It's hard to get a start in this game and I'd like to acckonwledge Muzza (former North Queensland coach Graham Murray) for giving me a go six or seven years ago."

2058 (EST): Canberra captain Alan Tongue has been named Lock of the Year ahead of Melbourne's Dallas Johnson, Sydney Roosters hero Craig Fitzgibbon and Cronulla's Greg Bird.

2053 (EST): Brisbane player Ben Hunt has been named Toyota Cup Player of the Year. The Broncos half-back, 18, was named the best player in the national under-20 competition ahead of the Bulldogs' Ben Barba, South Sydney's Eddie Paea and St George Illawarra's Matt Mundine.

"It's outstanding, eh ... it's unreal," the apprentice carpenter from Rockhampton said after being announced as the winner. "It comes as a bit of a suprise. At the start of the year, I didn't even think I'd make the side."

2047 (EST): Manly full-back Brett Stewart has been confirmed the season's top scorer, with 19 tries, while Cronulla sharpshooter Luke Covell has been commemorated as the league's leading posints scorer. Covell scored 196 points during the minor premiership.

2044pm (EST): Rising South Sydney star Chris Sandow won the first award of the night, being named Rookie of the Year. He won the Peter Moore Award from Melbourne's Sika Manu, Penrith flyer Lachlan Coote and Manly's David Williams.

Sandow wasn't expecting to make first grade this season, but he said he took the opportunity "by the hand ... and he never looked back since".

2216 (EST): Matt Orford has been named Half-back of the Year ahead of Melbourne's Cooper Cronk, Gold Coast's Scott Prince and North Queensland's Johnathan Thurston..

"Yeah, definitely," Orford said when asked if 2008 had been his best season.

Journalism at it's best:

2106 (EST): Penrith's Petero Civoniceva has been named Prop of the Year ahead of Manly's Brent Kite, Newcastle's Josh Perry, Warriors captain Steve Price and St George Illawarra's Jason Ryles.

"I'm just happy to play footy anywhere," Inglis said when asked if he preferred to play five-eighth, in which position he plays for the Storm, and centre, where he plays for Queensland.

"To get this award is for all Queenslanders. I'm very glad to get this award."

That also gets my vote as absolute crap. Inglis has spent less than 10 minutes in his life living in QLD unless the border has moved down to Kempsey. Was a blue until a few games for Brisbane Norths as Melbourne reserve grade. An absolute joke!!!

Canteen Worker link said:
\"I'm just happy to play footy anywhere,\" Inglis said when asked if he preferred to play five-eighth, in which position he plays for the Storm, and centre, where he plays for Queensland.

\"To get this award is for all Queenslanders. I'm very glad to get this award.\"
That also gets my vote as absolute crap. Inglis has spent less than 10 minutes in his life living in QLD unless the border has moved down to Kempsey. Was a blue until a few games for Brisbane Norths as Melbourne reserve grade. An absolute joke!!!

"2137 (EST): Parramatta's favourite son, Nathan Hindmarsh, has won the Provan-Summons People's Choice award as the fans' choice for the best player of the year. Hindmarsh, who won the award for the fourth season in succession, was anointed by the fans ahead of Melbourne five-eighth Greg Inglis, retiring Manly hero Steve Menzies and Melbourne captain Cameron Smith."

LOL, what a joke. Nathan Hindmarsh. How many relatives does this guy have ??

To be fair, Hindmarsh looked embarrased when he got that award last night.

You know when you deserve something and the look on his face was horrid. They need to figure out a way of making the vote harder than just clearing our your cookies and voting again. Do we really expect parramatta fans to have anything better to do all day?

true Flip but it doesn't exactly make it better., that he was sheepish about it

I'm not saying it makes it any better. I think he just knew exactly what we all did. What a farce of a medal, the way its decided.

the EAGLE ROCK link said:
Very well deserved for Glenn. He should definately be the first backrower picked for Australia come the world cup.
They tend to not pick players like Glenn for Australia. They want impact players and leave the week by week industrious and consistent players out of the rep situation. Look at the way that Kite was treated at Origin. I hope that he gets a chance to show Bellamy who should have been picked for NSW

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=the EAGLE ROCK link=topic=178364.msg196224#msg196224 date=1221001811]
Very well deserved for Glenn. He should definately be the first backrower picked for Australia come the world cup.
They tend to not pick players like Glenn for Australia. They want impact players and leave the week by week industrious and consistent players out of the rep situation. Look at the way that Kite was treated at Origin. I hope that he gets a chance to show Bellamy who should have been picked for NSW
[/quote]

I think he already has shown Bellamy,
although we didn't win at Brookvale against the Storm
Kite was easily the best player on the ground.

Gratz Glenn!
Well done, he's put in a great effor time and again this year.
Go Sea Eagles!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8