Gloom and Doom

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
I don't think it is time to give up now!
Anyway here are some points worth considering
- it is only round 1. Parra were hyped like it was a final. I always remember Dessie saying the real competition starts at around round 7-8. Let's see where Parra are come August. We did seem a little underdone Match fitness wise last night. We came out a lot harder last year in the early rounds. I remember we managed to roll Souths in the forwards in the early rounds. We all know what happened later in the year when they peaked and we fattened out.
- we have lost DCE due to $ only. I am glad we did not tie up all our cap with 2 players. We will have some room in our cap to ensure we keep our young talent and bolster our forwards.
- we have plenty of young talent coming through the ranks. Yes enough to build a good team around.
- we have new players in our team this year that will only improve. Include Jake T in this mix.
- we can cover Foz if he is out for a while. Apart from Killer I could see Hiku fitting into 5/8 much better than he does on the wing. He could be good in this position. Very good actually.
- feeling confident we will work something out to keep FOZ now DCE has gone. He knows we need him to rebuild. Seemed pretty engaged last night and tried his heart out!

Good post Red Pill

Disappointed with the loss and what transpired last night post match but will be there to cheer on the boys v Bulldogs. Would come up next weekend if i was around. It's round 1 ppl, once the announcements are out they are out and the players are professional afterall. They'll know that there is no point throwing away another chance to get the big prize because they are so hard to win. We need to turn up to support the guys regardless of where they will be next season because there are more than 2 players on that field. Not saying DCE will be loved by the crowd but there are still 25 rounds to go we still need him especially with Foz out

We've lost 11 of our last 13 or so games we have played. We lack structure and aggression is attack, and our forwards are plain terrible - and halves are too focused on themselves to win football games.

This isn't a one game thing. This BS started 8 weeks for the start of last years finals.

I always felt we would start this season very slowly, I'm not sure what our coaching staff did in the off season but every game I've seen we've fallen over in the second half, our oppositions have been much fitter.
Hopefully Foran makes up his mind this weekend (or if it's made up already then announce it) and the team can move on.
I know our forwards weren't impressive last night but I still believe they'll slowly build over the season, I'm very confident (hopeful?) last night was the worst game they'll play. Our backs definitely need to pick up the pace too, they looked slow (except Brett).
If we can somehow work a player trade with Cold Toast I'd release Cherry straight away.

Who are the young halves coming thru the ranks? Don't get to see them play very often, Toowoomba to Brookys a bit of a hike. Oh yeh I'm shattered, Cherry was my favourite player since Beaver and Cliffy B4 that.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2