Gloom to Sunshine in 5 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
The Doom & Gloom will shift in the near future....
Truth be known we have played against some quality opposition & been missing key players in these periods & though fallen short, have not been disgraced. Dont buy this unlucky stuff as you make your own & every game we have lost the opposition has deserved the result imo.
There is truth in looking flat & also out of sorts in attack, but nothing that cant or wont be fixed.
Looking thru the MK Eagle Crystal Ball say 5 weeks today, providing the injury witch casts her spells elsewhere, the threads will be positive & Manly will be entrenched by at least 3 points in the top 4.

StuBoot said:
Ahh, MK, the voice of reason and faith healer.

Reason and Faith in the one sentence ?
to date There is no evidence to suggest that we can improve enough to beat any of the top 3 - or Dogs.

I say, roster wise, there is on paper, despite the passing of the years, but there need to be significant reforms both from the coaching standpoint, and the player's motivation.

Given these circumstances, a premiership this year, would seem to be the most unlikely, the Sweetest Premiership of them all.

It certainly would spite News Corp, Nein and the refs.

The Who said:
MK Eagle, do you sell real estate?

Well I try mate but times are more gloomy on that front, as I say - no doubt the form is warm at best atm but under the circumstances I believe its not as bad as some think & quote me Mr Who.....5 weeks.

Agree with Eagle 1967 the top 3 are simply better atm & that form needs 15-20% improvement but with a good injury free run to finals theres no doubt can challenge all of them.

MK Eagle said:
The Who said:
MK Eagle, do you sell real estate?

Well I try mate but times are more gloomy on that front, as I say - no doubt the form is warm at best atm but under the circumstances I believe its not as bad as some think & quote me Mr Who.....5 weeks.

I'm prepared to buy your optimism, but you'll only get my deposit in five weeks when we have accumulated 10 competition points!

I'll re-visit this thread next Monday night and see how the irrational optimism is progressing.

I sincerely hope we do accumulate 10 points, but I struggle to imagine it happening.

MK Eagle, I'm glad to see some positivity on this forum! We've had a rough trot and there is sunshine ahead.

Ralphie said:
I'll re-visit this thread next Monday night and see how the irrational optimism is progressing.

I sincerely hope we do accumulate 10 points, but I struggle to imagine it happening.

I have not defended the losses in regards to poor refereeing & in fact agreed with past threads stating flat attack & a loss of zest.
However there are rational factors that lead me to the assessment Manly, though in need a lot of improvement to take out the top 3 teams have the potential to do so now KEY players are back & will have time to peak when it counts.
Look foward to your post next Monday Ralphie & stand by my claim Manly will improve & play themselves into form over the next 5 weeks.

StuBoot,

Thumbs up!! Momentum is a funny thing. How about the Tigers, they lost 6 or 7 in a row, and it was hard to see them even winning another game. They have gone on a mini run, and even defeated the Storm (yes without 1 key player....sound familiar????).

And who did the Warriors beat? Us and the Roosters (two of the Top 4 teams), it can happen, and I'm with StuBoot and MK Eagle.

Love your work Matt, I am about to " go bush" for 5-6 weeks, little to no Internet or phone coverage so I hope to switch back on to see your crystal ball stuff come through.

GO MANLY

Mark from Brisbane said:
Love your work Matt, I am about to " go bush" for 5-6 weeks, little to no Internet or phone coverage so I hope to switch back on to see your crystal ball stuff come through.

GO MANLY
Cheers Mark - hoping this crystal ball is up to scratch or I may be hiding out bush 5-6 weeks myself, tracked by irrate Silvertail supporters wanting to vent their anger!! :mad: .......... :blush:

MK Eagle said:
The Doom & Gloom will shift in the near future....
Truth be known we have played against some quality opposition & been missing key players in these periods & though fallen short, have not been disgraced. Dont buy this unlucky stuff as you make your own & every game we have lost the opposition has deserved the result imo.
There is truth in looking flat & also out of sorts in attack, but nothing that cant or wont be fixed.
Looking thru the MK Eagle Crystal Ball say 5 weeks today, providing the injury witch casts her spells elsewhere, the threads will be positive & Manly will be entrenched by at least 3 points in the top 4.

Not that I want to tempt fate, but I just want to bring this post from MK Eagle back into everyones consciousness. Loved the positivity then (when there was a helluva lot of negativity) and its almost been proven correct. Fingers crossed!!

Not very hard to predict. We have played the crappest clubs in the past 4 weeks. Any loses would of be unacceptable.

Whilst that's fairly true effnic, you still need to beat them. The Eels are 2 points the same as Melbourne is, and you need to rack up the points. And 4/5 weeks ago many didn't think we could win 5 in a row.

And sometimes a little confidence from kicking the sh*t out of a lesser team(s) can really play you into form, which I believe has happened to us. Not to mention giving Snake/Gift etc more time to come back from their injuries before the business end of the season.

effnic said:
Not very hard to predict. We have played the crappest clubs in the past 4 weeks. Any loses would of be unacceptable.
At the time effnic you would have got 50/1 about 5 from 5 however your point is valid with positions on the table.
Fact is, these teams can still beat the top runners showing when attitude is poor or not on these games you come up empty.
This string of victories was more about a positive effect on the players & a change in threads on here than my prediction - as in Gloom to Sunshine.
Thanks Killer03 now heres a tip from the crystal ball.
This Sat back Wolf & Tafua 1st try into Manly halftime lead 5-8 for a sneaky $5 each.....into a Newcastle victory over Ponies.

MK Eagle said:
effnic said:
At the time effnic you would have got 50/1 about 5 from 5 however your point is valid with positions on the table.
Fact is, these teams can still beat the top runners showing when attitude is poor or not on these games you come up empty.
This string of victories was more about a positive effect on the players & a change in threads on here than my prediction - as in Gloom to Sunshine.
This Sat back Wolf & Tafua 1st try into Manly halftime lead 5-8 for a sneaky $5 each.....into a Newcastle victory over Ponies.

Hmmm i like the bet but im thinking Broncos to get the cookies here. They have a few players back from injury while newwy lost a few.

MK Eagle said:
effnic said:

I'm thinking of a sneaky $5 on Horo to score first against his old team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7