Goal kicking woes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watched us beat the Dogs last weekend and a couple of other games too from London (thank you Setanta Sports!) - why is Ox still kicking? I do not have any confidence in him at all - it's only a matter of time until we lose a game due this. Why isn't Lyon kicking???!!! Didn't he kick a zillion goals playing for Saints?

The OX is kicking fine. The last two games stats will tell you. I know we do need a good regular kicker though I think OX will get better as well. So please don't write him off just yet :)

I'd prefer Lyon if anything to kick the ball with more distance. I'd also ask Lyon to take penalty kicks towards the sidelines. We only make around 10 metres a kick with Orford.

Plus someone other that Ox to take goal-line drop outs.

Why couldn't someone like Willo kick the **** out of it from a drop out?

Orford only missed the goals from the very sideline. He is a competent kicker who gets most of the shots from the areas inside the 20 but does not get the ones from the edge a al Hazem etc. I agree about the line kicks and JL. Noticed Brett Stewart doing some of the down towns on Saturday night in general play.

Re dropouts, a couple of Ox's kicks went close to 50 on Saturday. He kicks it high so hang time is pretty good.

CliffyIsGod link said:
Plus someone other that Ox to take goal-line drop outs.

Why couldn't someone like Willo kick the S**t out of it from a drop out?

The only willo can is tackle

He is kicking around 70% from memory

Orford's kicks to the sideline are generally crap, as are his drop kicks.  He seems to be a hog when the kicking is called for.  This 'busy-boy' stuff seems to be at the heart of his general malaise.  If he could just concentrate on getting his attacking options right and leave all this other stuff to those who can do it better he'd maybe, just maybe, be a more effective half. 

I agree with you DSM5 - his sideline kicks are rubbish. He's not excatly Ridge, is he? I don't think 70% is good enough either. And the line drop outs were embarrassing. I repeat the claim that this will be the difference between us winning a big game sooner or later.

Could not agree more DSM5. His continual need to be involved in everything is bringing his overall game down.

Give 100% focus to one thing, not 10% focus to 10 things.

He should be focusing on providing options in attack. Not kicking goals, kicking for touch, talking to the ref etc etc.

clontaago link said:
Could not agree more DSM5. His continual need to be involved in everything is bringing his overall game down.

Give 100% focus to one thing, not 10% focus to 10 things.

He should be focusing on providing options in attack. Not kicking goals, kicking for touch, talking to the ref etc etc.
Not sure about that clontaago in a way it's about time he got more involved especially without a proper 5/8.Anyway he single handed beat the dogs on his own.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
Anyway he single handed beat the dogs on his own.

Singlehandedly on his own eh?

and the game was at 530 pm at night right?

I hear he had a pair of two centres playing as well. 

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6