going back in time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After watching that display of running rugby league and comparing it to today's wrestle-mania how I long for the old days.
The recent match between the Dogs and Souffs should, sadly, how far RL had slipped as a spectacle.
Now we have Todd Greenturd saying nothing can be done about the wrestle. Way to go Greenturd, that's really encouraging for fans to hear. Not!

Back then there was a freedom for players to express themselves. Football was tough but fair. Today we have feeble leadership that allows wrestling and grappling as accepted tackling techniques. The difference today is that most tackles are by 3 men. It could be stopped by the refs immediately penalising any force used after a completed tackle. We have not learnt a thing since Alex Mckinnon. We need leadership to put the Bellyaches and macguires in their places.

Have to ask.....at 3:19 what on earth was Sterlo thinking? Did Cliffy call for the ball? LOL He just passed it straight to him and Cliff ran 35m to score under the posts.

I was at this game with 4 Parra supporters.

And I drove so they had to sit through the whole lot. :D

I was at this game sitting in front of the old clicky scoreboard.
From memory Parra were up 12-6 early in the match.

HoldenV8 said:
Have to ask.....at 3:19 what on earth was Sterlo thinking? Did Cliffy call for the ball? LOL He just passed it straight to him and Cliff ran 35m to score under the posts.

Well Jamie did it twice last Sunday. It happens.

Notice the forward's numbers - props 11 & 13.

Hooker 12 with second rowers 9 & 10 and the lock 8.

Great watch lyons den. Cliffy was classic as usual in that era.

I still have this whole game on video. The State Bank big game. Big Donny McKinnon man of the match. I was there on the day too!
Paul Shaw came on the last 10 minutes. Jayden Hodges is the lookalike!
NYEagle

I dont get to many games but I was there that day.

I swear to god I saw many grown men in the crowd crying, most wearing blue and gold, one saying "how could this be happening to our champion team.

Remember the We Want 70 chant going up for the last few minutes.

DUFFMAN said:
I was at this game sitting in front of the old clicky scoreboard.
From memory Parra were up 12-6 early in the match.

100% Duffman. I actually have to game on a video tape.
If anyone here has the equipment to put on DVD, they're welcome to and we can make available to all.

Outside of grand final wins. This win to me was total nirvana. In my case my whole extended family support the whining worms and they were merciless during their one era lol. That day brought closure and Manly buried them on their own patch. Memories of that game for me. Whining worms fans leaving with 20 to go. Big Donny scoring and Sterlo giving a great pass to Cliffy. That team was special 1987 was amazing. Great day that one.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4