Gold Coast Bears

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Billy Moore wants to merge the bears with the titans. Tell him he's dreaming
http://m.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/s...tral-coast-bears/story-fnj9yd9w-1227534137594

QUEENSLAND Origin legend Billy Moore says a takeover of the Titans by the Central Coast Bears could be a realistic option to help both parties.

Moore said it could be the Titans’ best chance at survival without relying upon NRL ownership.

“Something is better than nothing and from my point of view if someone said to me you can have your colours back in the game, the Bears emblem and therefore take on the history of the club I don’t care whether they play in Timbuktu,” said Moore, who played 211 games for the North Sydney Bears in the 1980s-90s.

“I’ll take it every day of the week and twice on Sunday. That should be the theme that all our old clubs have right now.

“If it means you have to go there to survive and they try to argue then you just say, do you want to go the way of the Newtown jets? The North Sydney Bears?

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Yeah. Why not.
I've got too many Bears' friends with chips on their shoulders who blame Manly for their demise and give it to me when we lose. So, let's give 'em a team and - here's the fun of it - make sure it's as crap as the Bears of old, who now play hundreds of miles away.

I'd love to see it happen with 2 games a year on the central coast and 1 at North Sydney

Much more marketable then the silly Titans

The very North Sydney Bears. lol.

QUEENSLAND Origin legend Billy Moore says a takeover of the Titans by the Central Coast Bears could be a realistic option to help both parties.

I'm not sure how a takeover of the Titans and reintroducing the bears name, colours, emblem and continuation of the bears history helps the Titans.

#billywisdom

Last edited:
Sounds like the St George take over of the.....er......merger with the Steelers. About the only thing left of the Steelers in the NRL is WIN Stadium and the fact that once in a blue moon St Merge wear a jumper that slightly resembles the old Illawarra strip.

If not for the fact that most of their players seem to live in Wollongong they might as well drop the Illawarra name.

Nothing will help the Titans. Every other team (any code) in the GC area has failed...bar the Gold Coa$t $un$ and thats only because of the mega dollars the AFL have to throw at teams....Apart fro Robina just about every other suburb are on holiday visas. Pack them up and p1ss them off. They are hopeless.

Sounds like the St George take over of the.....er......merger with the Steelers. About the only thing left of the Steelers in the NRL is WIN Stadium and the fact that once in a blue moon St Merge wear a jumper that slightly resembles the old Illawarra strip.

If not for the fact that most of their players seem to live in Wollongong they might as well drop the Illawarra name.
I love the StG Illawarra merger because it means St George no longer exists.

The team that bought 11 consecutive premierships is officially dead.

StGI have just one premiership to their name, and virtually no history or tradition.

Resurrecting the Bears on the Gold Coast is as dumb an idea as resurrecting a team on the Gold Coast in the first place.

A better idea is to kill the Titans.

This will be more of a failure then the Northern Eagles. The Bears are pathetic! These days they just go after any club that is weak to get a spot back in the NRL. The NRL has already confirmed expansion for 2018 in NZ and will not be looking at the Gold Coast any time soon, let alone a club that is already dead.

http://www.nrl.com/push-for-second-...874/newsid/83099/default.aspx?cid=NRL_HP_Hero
17% of NRL players come from NZ, yet NZ have only 6% representation in the NRL (1 team in 16). Stats like that make a pretty strong case for a Wellington team.

I see in the RLW article posted on Facebook that this is almost guaranteed to now happen.

Titans to play as they are this year funded by the NRL.

And will play as the Gold Coast Bears, backed by their owned Seagulls Leagues Club ( and no doubt the NRL for a while ) in 2017.

A number of games to be played at Gosford, majority at the coast.

Interesting times indeed.

He probably thinks that by combining a titan and bear it will create a more formidable creature.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2