Golden Boot winner is....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
At least it isn't one of the filthy purple scum that are usually the darlings for this.

Ralphie said:
At least it isn't one of the filthy purple scum that are usually the darlings for this.

Ditto that...and arent the News Ltd hacks whinging....Ha Ha Ha

Can see why he won it

Captained Leeds to a WCC win
Captained Leeds to another GF win
Just missed out on a Challenge Cup
Lost to the Exiles (due to for and against) as Captain
Won the Autumn International Series against France and Wales as Captain

He would have shone over here if he had a couple of seasons with someone. He has that unshakeable lokyer style ability and knack for pulling things off and is probably a tougher ball runner and defender. One of the rare poms who you believe is as good as their over the top commentators make them out to be.

Look at the best player in Australia this year ( barba) can't even make the state team let alone the national. Would have affected the decision.

I saw him play live in the WCC game, he's a good player and probably the best they have over there. Not quite Darren Lockyer though but nevertheless worthy of the award.

We should run a Golden Contract award for the most amazing contract, this year might be money bill previous winners would be smith slater and co.

I cant believe it wasn't *insert manly player here*

!!!!!!!!!!

I know that recognizing anything Doggies is a difficult thing to do, but seriously, how does Barba not win this award? His personal form was phenomenal, apart from not sealing the deal in the GF.
I think nth and sth hemisphere's must take it in turns to have a player win the award. Must be their year

Lord Eagleton said:
I know that recognizing anything Doggies is a difficult thing to do, but seriously, how does Barba not win this award? His personal form was phenomenal, apart from not sealing the deal in the GF.
I think nth and sth hemisphere's must take it in turns to have a player win the award. Must be their year

Probably because he had no form on the board at the Rep level, unlike the rest of the list. I can't recall a winner that hadn't been involved in SOO and/or International football that season.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6