Golden eagles attendees

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
anyone know who was there today? I could only recognise Max K, ZtH (ick), and Ron Gibbs of all the faces. To my horror they just looked like a bunch of old blokes, which I guess they are!
Though, having followed Manly for a good 4 decades, I thought I might recognise a few more.
Anyone?

Totally agree BE. I noticed Wombat and kingy, Danny Moore, beaver and maybe Russell Gartner but after that they all seemed to look like they went to the same barber

I thought the same.

I saw Gartner, Bryant, Josh Perry, Joe Galuvao.

I hate these days the host team never wins.

Add Cliffy, Beaver, Jack Elsegood, Matt Nable, Magilla, to the above.

It was great to see the legends at the game today. Wow we are a lucky club to have had so many good players over the years. Seeing the Wombat was amazing cause he was my hero when I was a kid.

They provided an extra incentive to the team. Unfortunately, not our team!
I'm gutted at such a lacklustre performance in front of our greats at Fortress Brookie in such a vital match against very poor opposition.
Totally unexplainable.

Awen Guttenbiel, Nathan Tutt, Michael Robertson, Fatty Vautin, Shannon Nevin, David Hosking, Michael Blake, Craig Hancock, Cliffy Lyons, Daniel Gartner, Danny Moore, Charlie Haggett, Johnny Gibbs, Matt Cross, Russel Gartner, Chad Randall, Alan Thompson, Ian Thomson, John Jones, Josh Perry , Mark Bryant, Terry Hill, David Ronson, Matt Nable, Tony Mestrov.

Last edited:
Smiled at the 'old boy' Cliffy a day after playing over 35s soccer semi against him. Cliffy probably played 30 mins tops, and was good enough to bag a double for Beacon Hill, including a bullet header!

It was great to see the legends at the game today. Wow we are a lucky club to have had so many good players over the years. Seeing the Wombat was amazing cause he was my hero when I was a kid.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    668.1 KB · Views: 27
I applaud the effort of the Golden Eagles. I attended the club before the game, and the Lyons Bar was cordoned off for their official function. No public access...I thought this was dumb! But to my dismay, they barred the public after the game as well. I didn't seek entry, but watched many die hard fans waiting in a queue to get a glimpse of their heroes. Ahh but no, the club blocked the stairs for the private shindig. Obviously some were allowed in but the general consensus from the punters was what a wasted opportunity it was for the regular fans to rub shoulders with the players and old boys. Food for thought in the future Boxy.

Brett Fulton,Emu Rodgers, Alan Thompson with his son whose name I forget but I think he played lower grades around the same time as Leigh Krilich. Freddy Jones leading the way. Dave O'Donnell, Matt Dunford.

I applaud the effort of the Golden Eagles. I attended the club before the game, and the Lyons Bar was cordoned off for their official function. No public access...I thought this was dumb! But to my dismay, they barred the public after the game as well. I didn't seek entry, but watched many die hard fans waiting in a queue to get a glimpse of their heroes. Ahh but no, the club blocked the stairs for the private shindig. Obviously some were allowed in but the general consensus from the punters was what a wasted opportunity it was for the regular fans to rub shoulders with the players and old boys. Food for thought in the future Boxy.
hmmfh, I thought their marketing was to get the supporters to the club to meet the former players. That is a shame

I think it's a great initiative and hopefully will become an annual event. I can understand them cordoning off the area as many of those ex-players may not have seen each other for yonks, might not always be that way in future?

I think I recognised Ed Whiley and John Bucknell. Maybe Mick Waller too. And someone who looked suspiciously like Phil Sigsworth. Looked like Wayne Springall was there also. Plus the Beaver. Max Brown was there. Mark Brokenshire. I was hopeful of spotting Goldie Walker and Tarzan Knight, to no avail. It was all happening.

And there is only one 'L' in Russel Gartner. Don't blame me, blame his parents.

Awen Guttenbiel, Nathan Tutt, Michael Robertson, Fatty Vautin, Shannon Nevin, David Hosking, Michael Blake, Craig Hancock, Cliffy Lyons, Danny Moore, Charlie Haggett, Johnny Gibbs, Matt Scott, Russell Gartner, Chad Randall, Alan Thompson, Ian Thomson, John Jones, Josh Perry , Mark Bryant, Terry Hill, David Ronson, Matt Nable, Tony Mestrov.
These are the players I was eyeing out for - better go to specsavers

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8