Golden point misses the point

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

weev

Bencher
Golden Point should be reviewed.

Here is why.

1. In the old days equal scores meant a point each. Now it means one team gets no points. Why not call it Lead Point.

2. Golden Point is supposed to make extra time exciting, but because game stops as soon as someone (usually) kicks a field goal its not exciting as its more opportunistic. And it should be called Golden Two Points cause that is what you get on the competition ladder, which matters more.

3. As game stops also on a penalty (kicked), cheating ... sorry, gamesmanship is encouraged and rewarded.

Here is what to change it to.

1. Full-time both teams get a point. Golden point is to get an extra competition point.

2. Fixed time of 5 minutes each. So there is another fixed time ending (field goal, chip, bomb, or magic play is encouraged), so more exciting than first field goal or kicked penalty.

Last weekend Manly deserved to come away with a point.

That's my point.

Golden point wasn't a problem when it was introduced because back then refs didn't decide games - players did. Of course that has all changed now.

I point blank have had enough.

Here is what to change it to.

1. Full-time both teams get a point. Golden point is to get an extra competition point.

2. Fixed time of 5 minutes each. So there is another fixed time ending (field goal, chip, bomb, or magic play is encouraged), so more exciting than first field goal or kicked penalty.

Last weekend Manly deserved to come away with a point.

That's my point.
[/quote]

PE this spot on. Send this to the NRL.

Yes, Manly did deserve to come away with one point, but giving another point to the winner to the winner won'twork either, as it means that potentially every game could have three points to come out of it.

Peter C said:
Yes, Manly did deserve to come away with one point, but giving another point to the winner to the winner won'twork either, as it means that potentially every game could have three points to come out of it.

How is that bad?

If it was arguably wrong then it's time to scrap golden point and give each team a well earned point.

weev said:
Peter C said:

How is that bad?

Yeah I ask that too - why is that bad? I have heard Gibbsy (Gibbys), Brandy, Rabs and other commentators parrot the same line "you can't have 3 points coming out of a match". None of them say why this would be a bad thing, and I bet they'd umm and ahhh if they were asked to explain the statement.

weev said:
Peter C said:

How is that bad?

If it was arguably wrong then it's time to scrap golden point and give each team a well earned point.

My point is we need to give this thread a well earned rest. zzzzzzzz

So ??
3 points for a win in normal time
2 points for a golden point win
1 point for golden pont loss
0 points for loss in normal time

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8