GOOD bad and ugly-positives?!?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Well, loss tonight,i was very gutted anyway.Good things---  i think we were not crap tonight we played decently enough.Hard ask going to st george and coming away with the win but yea we didnt play badly which is a good thing,i think this was a necessary evil coming into the finals with our run home,i hope we can win at least 2 out of 3 (look at the draw) and make the filnals.But tonight i hate to say was a loss i counted for.The next 3 we must win and we wil i think (if not 2 out of 3 i think we can nab,go manly i will always support you)THOUGHTS?

3 of their tries were not tries and one of outs wasn't. Should have been more like 14 - 4

come on fellas....we have no hope of even making the eight..especially with them two gooses that make errors when we dont need them,yes watmough and stewart every f*ucken game they f*uck it up with stupid plays drop the ball or give away penaltys...we had our year in 2008 im afraid it wont happen again for a while maybe 2018 or so...

mr seagles link said:
come on fellas....we have no hope of even making the eight..especially with them two gooses that make errors when we dont need them,yes watmough and stewart every f*ucken game they f*uck it up with stupid plays drop the ball or give away penaltys...we had our year in 2008 im afraid it wont happen again for a while maybe 2018 or so...
Perfectly summed up.

chrisos link said:
go manly i will always support you)THOUGHTS?
I agree, you will always support Manly.
Me too I guess.
Actually up till tonight I had hopes of Manly playing in this year's Grand Final, and I put a few dollars where my mouth was at juicy odds.
After tonight I think we can win the whole thing.
There were aspects of our play which were crap, like our kick chase for example was not up to its best, a coulple of poor defensive efforts. But with some big calls going against us (even more ridiculously than usual), and some near misses by us, and there were times we were on top...
Dragons are very good but if we get another crack at them I doubt our blokes will be phased, they lost by 20 but the match was a lot closer than that - in my opinion anyhow!

mr seagles link said:

See you in 2018 then

dont let the door hit you on the way out

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=mr seagles link=topic=184691.msg285173#msg285173 date=1281962239]

See you in 2018 then

[/quote]
+1

abnc link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=184691.msg285317#msg285317 date=1282008566]
[quote author=mr seagles link=topic=184691.msg285173#msg285173 date=1281962239]

See you in 2018 then

[/quote]
+1
[/quote]
+ another 1

Mr Seagles, I've now read a dozen or so of your posts and I'm fed up with your outlandish personal attacks on players. You do not live up to your moniker, Mr Seagles, because you are destructive, not constructive, with your criticism. Tone it down or don't bother.
You continually state that Manly won't make the eight. That's fine, and you may be right. But it is not right to call players CATS, hopeless, gutless etc.
If you can't see how much better we were against Illawarra then two Monday nights earlier against Newcastle then you are a very poor judge.
I too would like to see some changes, as many other posters would, but I like to think that my comments are not personal or vitriolic. Having followed the club for 50 years I am realistic to know that performances fluctuate. When Manly doesn't seem to try, as against Newcastle, they deserve to cop it. But against Illawarra they had a red hot dig.
We will beat the Warriors this Saturday.  

We only have to win one more game, which we will at least, to make the 8 you are the goose Mr S.

Actually, I don't think we were bad. Worse performance was against Raiders and Knight. We had more than our share of the ball in the first half, and only scored 4 points. After 80 minutes, 65% of the game was played in the Dragons half. They only scored 3 real tries, with 2 gifted by the ref and inept kicking when he should have passed (Choc).

We had lot of close calls, i.e. Galuvau and Robbo getting tackled centimetres short. At the end of the day, we played against the best defensive team by far in the comp who concede only 10 points a game, and next best is 20. If we had kept our structure and not made mistakes, which were crucial mistakes, the game would have been different. The scoreline does not reflect the closeness of the game. I still think we can make the finals and probably the grand final.

Positives for me was Oldfield and our forward pack who did not get donimated, and Robbos game in the air.
Negatives were T-Rex making a mistake which led to a try, Choc making mistake which led to a try, Stewart making a mistake which led to a try, Harrigan which could have changed momentum of the game.

I am not going to lose sleep over this loss, but will be more worried if we lose to Worriers.

mr seagles link said:

The more you post the more i'm convinced your just some Bai Stand/league unlimited/etc. troll.

If your not & the footy takes that much toll on you then maybe you should;

a) Pick another team
b) Stop worrying so much about footy
c) Stop following sport all together
d) All of the above.

mr seagles link said:
come on fellas....we have no hope of even making the eight..

Once again I will ask you, are you willing to put something behind your words ? I am willing to put something behind us being in the 8

mick from qld you are worse than me you continuely complain about the fuc* ups when they loose ,and thats been 10 games this year....

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
After tonight I think we can win the whole thing.

I agree. I saw more positives tonight than I did against Melbourne, Newcastle and Canberra.

We dominated a lot of this game, I counted about 4 try-saving tackles. Dragons knew they were in a game, and they were pretty much full strength. Fein played really well and they did not miss Hornby much at all (despite what the commentators tried to have you believe).

62% of the game was in their half. We can beat them.

Have to agree with you, we can definitely run with the big boys.

As has been previously stated, the margin was not a true indication of that game. St G/Illawarra took us very seriously and they knew that they had been in a game, hopefully there are a few sore Dragons today over the ugly side of the harbour.

We will have to win the remaining games to get a decent position if we are going to challenge though, fix up our, at times soft, defence and stop making making stupid bloody errors gifting them the ball in good field position. 

Looked good in attack at times last night with some of the forwards looking to be coming into form at the right time of the year. I still can't fathom how Smokin Joe did not score that try. I know how Watmough or someone outside him didn't score though, Des should fine him everytime he puts his foot near the ball.

Plenty of positives to take from the game and some areas to work on. Am sure the team will know that they can beat the Dragons as they showed at times, they just have to put it together for 80mins.

THE GOOD we can beat any side when we play mistake free football
THE BAD when we make mistakes and give away penalties that cost us games
THE UGLY mr seagles he needs a face lift ( always  pessimistic)
THE POSITIVES there are 3 games to go.  1. we beat the warriors   14 - 6 in new zealand round 4 .so good chance of winning again at brookvale. 2. the featherless roosters got smashed by the wooden spoon sharks last week, so we should win that game as well.3 last game is against the toothless dogs at brookvale, SEMI FINALS HERE WE COME . GO THE SEA EAGLES , AND GO TO BUGGERY ALL YOU PESSIMISTIC NEGATIVE SUPPORTERS . GO AND SUPPORT  ANOTHER TEAM WE DONT NEED YOU ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Positive-Love the way Dessie said at the after match interview.They got the points THIS TIME.Love that Manly passion.This aint over till the fat lady sings.UP THE SEA EAGLES.

OK...For my first post here we go.

Predictable plays with one play to killer on the right or a crappy high kick to wingers.Every now and then a feeble attempt at the banana kick to running fullback around the posts ala half to snake.
Lazy defence and out of postion play eg, soward try Monday night(massive holes up the guts with no solid structure.
Slow play the ball forcing one out running by the pigs and forcing off the cuff passes and loss of possesion.
Early tackle count options are poor with a lack of working towards a postion on the field,aka a structured set with a goal for the last play to work towards.(who hasn't seen a turnover on tackle two-three this season.
Poor use of subs and reserve rotations.

Matai is not being used effectively.How is he going to have an impact as we drift across the park and leave him with the ball three metres in with the oppositions D compressed?No room ,no depth and no reasonable use of footwork and passing to the runner on the angle.Please get him running straight with speed!!

VERY predictable forward runs..look at some vids of games and write down the order, angle, direction and outcome of forward hitups..almost word for word in the first twenty of each half.

Where the hell have the wonderful,innovative set plays gone?...have we stopped thinking men?

The **** conditions at Brookvale oval...if it doesn't get fixed , we don't go to the game...period.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4