Good Bye PARRA........ Hello Central Coast Bears ????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
There is a news story on the Daily Telegraph website saying they are in real financial trouble

Link:  http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25362483-5006066,00.html

Deenis has being saying for years that Manly shouldn't be in the comp, they have no money and cant afford to compete .............. Dennis you know anything about rocks and glass houses ?????

It would seem that the NRL comp. as we currently know it wil be signfigantly different in the short to medium term.

It will only be a matter of time before we see clubs folding or relocating due to the poor econimic circumstances that it seems the majority of clubs are currently enduring.

I hate Fitzy but i'd hate to see Parra fold. Nothing better then beating the parra scum

A club like Cronulla on the other hand......i could care less if they relocated etc

Disco link said:
I hate Fitzy but i'd hate to see Parra fold. Nothing better then beating the parra scum

A club like Cronulla on the other hand......i could care less if they relocated etc

yeah agreed, Winning just isnt in the culture at the Sharks, they should go.

Fitzi is regarded by most people including those at Parra as one of the worst CEO's ever to look after a football club and most people take all he says with a grain of salt because it's usually laced with semi-psychotic rumblings with very little basis

Cronulla to Adelaide, Parra to Perth.  'semi-psychotic rumblings with very little basis'; sounds like a lot of posters on this site.

DSM5 link said:
Cronulla to Adelaide, Parra to Perth.  'semi-psychotic rumblings with very little basis'; sounds like a lot of posters on this site.

Difference being we aren't in charge of a football club

I agree that a club like Parra folding is not in the best  interests of Manly and the NRL. Considering Parra is a strong rival to us, it means that if they fold a large amount of revenue come game day goes out the door, as well as a handy 2 points.  :p

Agree that this would be a tragedy for the game but i would love to see the looks on the face of parra fans, Fitzy. Price & co if it did happen.

It would help me resolve some of my depression issues that still linger from 1982 & 83.

Fulton link said:
why would you want a team in adelaide?

Make it more of a 'National' game, results in the NRL getting more revenue from t.v rights, which then the NRL will distribute more of the income they earn to all the clubs.

Currently the NRL 'hand out' something like $3.5M of the $4.1M cap (just an estimate but its not the full 100%.

Bye Bye Parra, Bye-Bye Bye Bye Parra (you should have "buyed" better)
now your just gonna get bought out.

Looks like Fitzy was not just an annoying git, but totally incompetent as well.
So much for the Emperor.

Who wants the team with the biggest jnr league to fold? I would rather the next kid from Wentworthville, Winston Hills etc to play League, not AFL because the Parra League Club cannot support junior league in the area...

DailyTerrorgraphHater link said:
Bye Bye Parra, Bye-Bye Bye Bye Parra (you should have \"buyed\" better)
now your just gonna get bought out.

Looks like Fitzy was not just an annoying git, but totally incompetent as well.
So much for the Emperor.
I would not get to cocky we are just hanging on buy our toenails.So as much as I hate parra we should never dance on other  peoples graves considering the rabble we are at the moment

To lose Parra, as much as I hate them, would be a devastating blow for League. They are the hub of the west and have a massive following out in the burbs. The game is sick enough already without taking out one of the biggest clubs with a huge junior nursery. I wouldn't shed a tear if the Sharks went under or moved but to lose Parra would be tragic. As for Adelaide, that is nonsense!!  Give a team to the Central Coast if you must but if Melbourne can't support a team without millions from News, how will a piddly town like Adelaide manage it? The national game is a dream and a con!!!

Why is it that the Parramatta leagues club give a grant to Parramatta Union?  Strange days indeed.  They'll go to the CC now, pick up the $8million and fold in a couple of years. 

I hate both Parramatta & the Sharks also.

Why would anyone want Parramatta to fold they entered the competition the same year as us in 1947 the competition has already changed some what over the years with some clubs merged and new clubs formed.

With the first seven clubs being the last of the older clubs and both the Sharks & Panthers the younger clubs of the group who have each been in the comp for over forty years so if we lose clubs like the Sharks & the Eels then the competition will be losing a big part of it's history once again.

When clubs entered the competition.

1908: Rabbitohs
1908: Roosters                                       
1935: Bulldogs                                         
1947: Sea Eagles                                     
1947: Eels                                                                         
1967: Sharks                                           
1967: Panthers                                     
.................................................................................

1982: Raiders
1988: Broncos
1988: Knights
1995: Warriors
1995: Cowboys
1998: Storm
1999: St George Illawarra  -   (St George & Illawarra Steelers a merged club)
2000: West Tigers            -   (Balmain & Western Suburbs a merged club
2007: Titans             

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4