Good ole Sunday Telegraph

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
woke up and opened the paper basking in the glow of last night!! Head to Sport and flick through thinking might be a nice Eagles story to read. No mention of Manly in all the pages of footy!! What a joke!!
However, we are mentioned and maybe this is why we are chasing a new media manager. There is a humour column on the annual Zorba contest judging all the hottest female media stars in Sydney. Wouldn't happen to Broncos and Dragons and makes our club again look like a dinosaur. Absolute garbage and this mob is destroying our creditability and vision . :(

I read the bit about Renee garnter she is a good sort. She's the titans media manager but is manly thru and thru

I know but still lots of footy articles about other teams. Didn't mean the actual game. Could have a nice write up off stalwart Robbo heading to UK or Joe winding back the clock.

Speaking of that, it'd be nice to see some signings / re-signings on our official website (Farrar, Buhrer, Lussick, T-Rex to name a few).

Darren said:
woke up and opened the paper basking in the glow of last night!! Head to Sport and flick through thinking might be a nice Eagles story to read. No mention of Manly in all the pages of footy!! What a joke!!
However, we are mentioned and maybe this is why we are chasing a new media manager. There is a humour column on the annual Zorba contest judging all the hottest female media stars in Sydney. Wouldn't happen to Broncos and Dragons and makes our club again look like a dinosaur. Absolute garbage and this mob is destroying our creditability and vision . :(

You must have gotten the early morning edition. I have a Sunday telegraph and there is a full double page spread on last nights game.

The edition I have has the game in it with Snake on the front page of the sports section.

The free paper from the game would be printed 8pm at the latest. No chance of writing the story, printing it and getting it to the footy stadium within the 5 minutes it takes you to get out of the ground.

I get it delivered (teacher rates) the Zorba piece made me angry, should be a great story about Brett, at least!!

Darren said:
I get it delivered (teacher rates) the Zorba piece made me angry, should be a great story about Brett, at least!!

Deliveries usually get first edition.

But the fact of the matter is that News Ltd interests permeate through article written in News Ltd papers, where there is indeed a proprietary interest (and in Rugby League there is an interest)

The height of this for our sport was the introduction of Super League where one article (in the Australian) blatantly said that Manly was ruining the career of Steve Menzies ("they've crucified him at manly") by not allowing him to play in the superior Super League.

It was daily propaganda. Such media power is now being reeled back in the UK via the phone hacking scandal.

I know some of the people who work at the tabloid are cynical about the editorial direction and control - but the pay is good they tell me :)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6