Gordon Tallis' legacy confirmed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Long term readers of this site will know I have a very low opinion of Tallis.  He first showed himself as a cat when he walked out on a contract (just about started the trend) and spent much of his career over rated. 

Now he is the most inarticulate nuffy to grace a commentary box (At least Gould can string two words together).

The main reason I despised him is because I contend under his captaincy Queensland lost its Origin edge and went through its blackest period as a team.

The only series they won was when they were inspired by Langer's return.  It had nothing to do with Tallis.  The following year Tallis celebrated a drawn series by abusing fans in Sydney.  Selfish twat.

Now that he has gone Queensland surge back to 3 series wins, all on the back of being the more desperate side in the key games - something they never achieved under Tallis.

All that to say it makes me absolutley SICK that Tallis gets the plaudits, make the top 30 players list, top 100 players list - all at the expense of Menzies who is twice the player, has more strength of character in his fingernail and has literally graced the fields rather than bought scandal to them.

On NRL on Fox Tallis commented Menzies was playing before him and is playing four years after him.  He also happens to have scored more than 100 tries more, has better defence, wasn't a sook about injury and even has a better head on him.

Tallis getting plaudits in the Centenary year ahead of Menzies is one of the games great unspoken scandals. 

Agreed.

He showed himself up on the post game show on Monday night. Wizz disagreed with him and made valid points, Tallis was literally speechless he sat there looking dumb for about 30 seconds before he came out with this line

"Yous Kiwis are always whinging"

Not only was it irrelevant, offensive and racist, he also managed to mumble it.

He is a mug

Actually I don't mind Tallis.  I kind of like him as I don't think he takes himself that seriously.

DSM5 link said:
Actually I don't mind Tallis.  I kind of like him as I don't think he takes himself that seriously.

I think he lacks the grey matter to go either way

Agreed Dan but amongst them all he's more tolerable than Gould, Roach, Iken, Johns to name just a few.  He sort of takes the mickey out of himself.  I once saw him try to stuff one of those little footies that they throw to kids up his shorts when Brisbane were flogging the rorters at the SFS.  very funny.

I just get insulted that someone so obviously dumb and inarticulate gets beamed into my loungeroom.  I want to watch football, not listen to the village ifiot with an IQ of 80. 

Watch it and get more and more pissed off with the deliberate one second delay between ABC commentary and vision.

is it me or did Ikin or Johns comment that this Manly side are a great team...almost, a premiership team?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6