Gosford games confirmed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
ROUND 6
Roosters vs. Knights

ROUND 10
Sea Eagles vs. Cowboys

ROUND 11
Rabbitohs vs. Storm

ROUND 16
Sea Eagles vs. Knights

Not happy with any Manly (home) game not being played at Brookvale. The reality is that we are stuck with these games and we will have to grin and bear it.

Given the trend by most teams to play at least one home game at alternative venue it will be interesting to see what location is chosen for 2009 for our home away from home game.

Given the trend by most teams to play at least one home game at alternative venue it will be interesting to see what location is chosen for 2009 for our home away from home game.

Probably Brookvale Oval. Should be good for the nostalgia buffs and putting up with 4th world facilities is bearable for one game.

Manly not playing at Brookvale means that the team playing in Maroon & White would not be Manly.

Your hypocrisy in supporting a move away from Brookvale when you did not support the NE, because they were not "Manly" simply means your lobbying on behalf of one of the majority shareholders lacks any credibility.

I am with Pete on this one. Manly at Brookvale is Manly. I did not support the Northern Eagles (the Gosford Maroons) as the Manly team is linked with the Beaches.

I did "support" the NE in the sense I fololowed their prgress and they were still "my" side. Geography is neither here nor there for me.

If y'all felt so strongly about it, you should have voted against privatisation and watched the club glug down the sink by now.

That's hypocrisy!

What have the supporters and members lost by supporting private ownership?

We have a club that is guaranteed to be called Manly, play at Brookvale and wear Maroon & White. If the members want to change that we can vote with our golden vote to do so.

So if that is hypocrisy then I plead guilty. The members have the control that matters and the corporates will have to bow to the unwashed masses to ever change what most of us love, and that is Manly at Brookvale. It appears that is now not your greater need?

Football may be a business to many, but the sheer enjoyment and passion that we enjoy watching Manly play at Brookvale is not something that can be bought.

Should the day come that Manly are forced to leave Brookvale I hope you enjoy the corporate surrounds at Telstra with your puppeteers. Whilst some concrete stadium will no doubt pay big dollars to have a team playing in Maroon & White at their facility it will be for the benefit of the corporates. The supporters will drop the maroon & white team twice as quick as they did the NE. You know once bitten, twice shy!

Telstra Stadium is a lonely place when crowds such as were the norm during the NE days are in attendance. But then again what we will do for free entry, a glass of wine and some warm dim sims! I guess we all have our price.

Your argument is based entirely on geographic snobbery and 20th Centruy nostalgia.

So you would rather love the club to a slow and cancerous death than see it opened up to new possibilities, ventures and fans.

That's so sad!

If you think I am sad, just add a poll and see how many "sad" friends I have and how many are happy to continue supporting a maroon & white team playing from Gosford or Telstra?

If Manly relocate they will no longer be Manly, the NE venture is living proof of that and that is a quote from your goodself.
Whilst the NE may have been "your team" you did not support them in any measurable manner and your response that they were "your team" reeks of a politician on the back foot when they become cornered.

Brookvale, in its current state is very sad, that is not in dispute, but unless WorkCover intervene if you and your puppeteers think that the members will vote to move from Brookvale they are sadly out of touch with what the punters on the hill and the stands want.

On this very site, if memory is correct the overwhelming majority wanted to retain the hill in any redevelopment of Brookvale, that statement alone goes along way to telling you what the mindset of Manly (and Silvertail posters) want.

Who cares what the "majority" think? This gives us Britney Spears on top of the pop charts, a most "popular" movie of all time called the titanic and 11 years of a Howard government.

Popularity does not mean right. I know and you know that if nothing happens about Brookvale then the club will bleed a slow death and/or heamorage if we have a wet year.

As previously stated, a little of something is a whole lot better than everything of nothing.

Bleeding a slow death a Brookvale is more tenable to me, and I suspect most members than relocating to Gosford. A relocation to Gosford will mean the end of Manly, there will be no "little bit of something", for you to say anything else would be insulting to the readers of these pages.

Whilst I have (nearly) always enjoyed your discussions on club related issues your bias since being retained by the Penns now means that your opinions, cannot be viewed with any objectivity. You are a slave to a master and your views are showing that slant. Of course you could argue that you are not, but with a foot firmly planted in the Penn camp how are we, the mere unwashed masses to know if we are reading the opinions of the once objective Matabele or the new Matabele version where your posts should end (& spoken at a fast pace) "typed and written by Matabele, authorised by the Penn Family- Canberra"

I didn't realise the cold, hard truth would hurt you so much Pete! Is the logic of it all making your head hurt?

You, like many others, were so keen to take the largesse when it was handed out, now comes the time to face the pragmatics of the bill.

You invest enough to buy a season ticket and some merchandise on an annual basis. Your total "investment" directly into the club may total $5kpa.

Some others have an investment of millions on the line, and who are we to blame them should they do what is neccessary to protect their investment? We all know Delmege and Penn DO NOT WANT TO RELOCATE.

But if Brookvale is condemned, what choice do they have?

You, like many others, were so keen to take the largesse when it was handed out, now comes the time to face the pragmatics of the bill.

Penns made their investment in the full knowledge that the members controlled the golden vote, whilst I respect their right to seek election to the board they also have to face the facts that the investment they made come with a rather large hurdle to whatever plans they may have to relocate. I am not throwing stones from a glass house, this is very much a 2 way street.

But if Brookvale is condemned, what choice do they have?

They made an investment that may not return them a profit and may in fact may become a complete dud. But that it is business. Any investment comes with risk, I would think that investment in a sporting club ranks as "large risk" investment. If the Penns' lose there shirt over the deal so be it, they will not be the first, nor the last to make an investment that did not give them return that they had planned.

Whilst the members may not have the financial investment your masters have they do have an emotional investment that will mean that they will never vote to allow Manly leave Brookvale.

This is the problem when you mix business with passion. Both objectives are driven from differing perspectives and both protagonists will not change their views.

What I find most disappointing about this entire discussion is your complete sellout to the corporate side of this club.

If you honestly believe that a team playing from Gosford is better than nothing then I am saddened, I believed that your passion for Manly was deeper than that and to back a possible complete sellout when you would not actively support a 50% joint venture just makes your support of the Penns bid sickening.

why do they have to be protagonists Pete, they could be workign towards a common goal, where have any of them said they are pushing towards a full time move to Gosford??

Pete probably votes for the Citizens Elecoral Party too. There's a red behind every tree, the Fabians own Brookvale Oval and the earth as we know it shall end if the Manly captain doesn't get to piss in the home dressing shed urinal.

why do they have to be protagonists Pete, they could be workign towards a common goal, where have any of them said they are pushing towards a full time move to Gosford??

I have not seen any documented evidence that are pushing for a move to Gosford, but as the Penns lobbyist on this site continues to profess they are working to protect their investment, as they are entitled to do.

So if they are working toward a satisfactory outcome for their investment what would be the best outcome for them should Brookvale Oval be condemned?

I am not the smartest tool shed, I will be the first to admit that but any venue that is offering up to $11m to relocate but must surely warrant attention from any astute business that is looking to grow their investment. Coincidentally that is the sought of money on offer for any NRL team that PERMANENTLY relocates to the Central Coast.

So without one skerrick of evidence Pete is assuming all manner of heinous deeds.

Perhaps the more logical position is to understand the club (in totality) is playing a high stakes game of poker to get the money required to upgrade Brookvale Oval and SECURE the long-term future of Manly as we know it.

But that would be too simple, wouldn't it?

If what you say is correct it is certainly a unique way in securing funding. So based on your view lets present a board that is split, members that are confused and that will be the ideal scenario in which to seek government funding!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2