Gosford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I attended one match at Gosford a few seasons ago and swore I'd never go to another. Much the same as my attitude to Homebush, where I'll only go if Manly is playing in a finals match - not a regular round.
However, watching from my lounge room on Saturday, I was really surprised, and delighted, with the crowd at Gosford and the obvious support for Manly. It was the largest crowd of the entire round. Not to mention the fact that Gosford is starting to resemble the Brookie Fortress in terms of winning performances.
Have I been too hasty? Is Gosford worthy of being Manly's second ground?
I'd like to hear from those who attended. What was the experience like? It was exciting enough in my lounge room, but there is nothing like being at the ground when Manly springs an upset.

I attended one match at Gosford a few seasons ago and swore I'd never go to another. Much the same as my attitude to Homebush, where I'll only go if Manly is playing in a finals match - not a regular round.
However, watching from my lounge room on Saturday, I was really surprised, and delighted, with the crowd at Gosford and the obvious support for Manly. It was the largest crowd of the entire round. Not to mention the fact that Gosford is starting to resemble the Brookie Fortress in terms of winning performances.
I'd like to hear from those who attended. What was the experience like? It was exciting enough in my lounge room, but there is nothing like being at the ground when Manly springs an upset.
If we need a second ground I agree let's make it gosford.

I was very anti gosford during the NE days, and since, yet I see we do well there.

I have also got to know the CC a bit in the past year through work, and have a better impression of it than I had in the past.

They clearly can't have their own team as there is not enough local business to support it, and I get it that many coasties are transplants who already support another team, however there are manly fans up there, and it is not that hard to get to compared to ANZ (for me anyway) so 2 games a year isn't a bad strategy.

I have been to a few games there and I like it if it is a sunny Sunday afternoon.

If the club could turn Brookie into something similar to the Central Coast Stadium (with the open end being retained as the Family Hill), we'd never hear another complaint from the NRL about the ground. And it might also mean home finals at Brookie rather than at the SFS.

Keep the Family Hill and with the rest of the ground capacity would be around 23-25k. Similar to what it is now but with 3/4 of the ground being all seated and up to date.

Can't see it happening though. For some reason I get the feeling that within a few seasons we'll be forced to play the majority of our home games at the SFS with only a small number at Brookie.

If the club could turn Brookie into something similar to the Central Coast Stadium (with the open end being retained as the Family Hill), we'd never hear another complaint from the NRL about the ground. And it might also mean home finals at Brookie rather than at the SFS.

Keep the Family Hill and with the rest of the ground capacity would be around 23-25k. Similar to what it is now but with 3/4 of the ground being all seated and up to date.

Can't see it happening though. For some reason I get the feeling that within a few seasons we'll be forced to play the majority of our home games at the SFS with only a small number at Brookie.
Keep the real hill and seat the family hill

Or seat both but the main hill to be built up behind the hill just over it's apex

1) Food/Drink queues as bad as Brookie - Toilets are better located and more numerous
2) Less Corporates up there to rely on their financial support
3) The lack of a Southern Stand means gale force winds off Brisbane Waters in winter.
4) From 2017 there will be no NYC, already the NSW Cup games are not correlated to the NRL Rounds, so Fans will get 1 game for their Membership Fee in the future.

Attendances are continuing to fall at an accelerated rate, so Clubs will all go to the cheapest Stadium and ignore the lack of attendance. @:cool:

1) Food/Drink queues as bad as Brookie - Toilets are better located and more numerous
2) Less Corporates up there to rely on their financial support
3) The lack of a Southern Stand means gale force winds off Brisbane Waters in winter.
4) From 2017 there will be no NYC, already the NSW Cup games are not correlated to the NRL Rounds, so Fans will get 1 game for their Membership Fee in the future.

Attendances are continuing to fall at an accelerated rate, so Clubs will all go to the cheapest Stadium and ignore the lack of attendance. @:cool:
Yeah re point 2, check how many peninsula local businesses support manly- the player name sponsors on match day, the numerous signs up at Brookie. Dozens and dozens of small businesses. None of them are on the jersey, sleeves or shorts, but they help enormously and clubs need these local supporters. It's money and it's goodwill and it translates into fans.

I was told by a NE board member in 2001 that this type of small business support was near impossible to get on the central coast, and that this was as serious a concern as the crap that mark cannon dished up at every meeting.

The Mariners' experience bears this out (no pun intended). Despite being one of the best soccer teams for years, they are pretty broke.

last time i went there the crowd was 15K.

i went for a leak and bottle of coke missed 25 minutes of the game. only to comeback to my seat and knee the person in front with my back firmly against the chair. The seats are tiny

last time i went there the crowd was 15K.

i went for a leak and bottle of coke missed 25 minutes of the game. only to comeback to my seat and knee the person in front with my back firmly against the chair. The seats are tiny

I don't seem to have a problem ;)

The facilities are 100 times better than Brooky. As good a place to watch footy as most other stadiums. I just hate the drive back at night through all the dark windy road. **** place to get too & from & a long drive. If we moved there I would just watch on TV.

Great ground to watch a game. Everyone gets a set , and you feel close to the action. As a regular at A League games the crowd figure was a bit overdone by my estimate 10000 would have been a more accurate figure.

Myself being from the CC i like the stadium yes queues can be long but facilities are good . Close to action as you would expect from a suburban ground
But at the end of the day its not Brookie and its not on the Northern beaches
But it is the type of stadium that would be great on the Brookie site

Answer me this?

Crowd 16500

If that game was at Brookvale, based on our year to date , maybe 10k but possibly as low as 9k

If this continues we will be moved to CC Stadium faster than a Porsche 912 Turbo!

I have been to roughly 5 or 6 games at Gosford (grew up on the coast and parents still live there so easy for me to crash at their house after the game) I live on the North shore now, I would still rather sit on the hill at Brookvale on a sunny Sunday afternoon with a packed hill, however watching games at the Stadium at Gosford is fantastic. I try and book tickets early to get seats close to half way, and they are very well priced. You can see the whole action very well, and is only a short walk to the train station. I really enjoy the stadium - very similar in size and atmosphere to Pirtek stadium at Parra (without the horrible fans) There is quite a bit of support for Manly on the coast, and I have found the crowd to be good fun when ever I have attended. A mix of family, young kids and older true blue Manly faithful - that always make the most noise and can be pretty entertaining! Surface is always great, which makes footy good to watch - lots of tries and ball movement.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6