Gosh we make it hard for ourselves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Yet another gutsy slogging performance tonight. Our spirit and determination were so strong.

It concerns me that we continue to dig big holes in games for ourselves but not paying attention to fundamentals.

I really love DCE but every 2nd game hes coming up with a major error and its hurting the team, play the percentages DCE please with your kicking.

We have a problem at full back, Hiku has no confidence under the high ball and its an obvious weakness, maybe Ben Farrar when match fit needs to come in and cover for snake.

Our discipline has to improve, too many silly penalties being given up late in tackle counts and the pinkies need no excuse to punish us.

We have so much improvement in us thats the great thing. Its been a hell of a month of football, now to rest and be ready in 2 weeks time.

Good times ahead for this team.

GO MANLY!!!

Agree with most of what you have said. Hiku made a few mistakes again and i got really frustrated but i think we have to give him a bit more time. I was also frustrated with DCE continually kicking the ball high instead of putting in a grubber behind the line, the first grubber Foran put in we scored off. Yes our discipline and ball handling is rubbish and it does not seem to be improving, the amount of tackling we have to do is affecting our attack. If we can fix our discipline and ball handling the attack will fall into place.

Raiders started to make the silly mistakes just about the time we had done everything to make it possible for them to finally break our defence down. As DCE said post-match you can't keep relying on your defence to compensate for the mistakes and lack of pressure on the opponents.

Good time for the bye. Hopefully we can break this pattern of going into concentration la la land between 20th and 60th minutes.

Some high pecentage footy coming out of our own end would be nice. We seem to run the same plays whether we're 20 metres out from our own line or 20 metres out from the opposition's. Some basic hit ups and a kick would've saved us giving the ball back on half way so many times the last few weeks.

Watched all 3 Grades yesterday and Dane Chisholm needs to be put on our bench instead of Buhrer.

He had two 40/20, ran almost the length of the field through traffic to score a fantastic try, kicked every goal but the one for his own try as he was so winded,was busy all day.:angel:

The number 18 was Dean McGlinchy, the worlds biggest winger. He was into everything and would fit into the front row by matching BJ's size and speed. One to watch :angel:

The number 8 was Ligi SAO, very effective and James Cunningham went well too.:angel:

I can't find the Team list, but our number 4 was effective too.:angel:

I am sad to say that Ben Farrar was insipid at best. Even Bani ran past him to score a try :(

It was a great come from behind win for the NSW Cup Team and I am sure that they enjoyed playing in front of about 3,000 people :)

I'm really not understanding the role Buhrer is playing at the moment. He came on last night and did half a dozen or so hit ups and got belted and pushed backwards on every occasion.

He is too small to be doing hit ups. I would have thought he would be better off on the fringes trying to run into holes. Perhaps he was just trying taking the load off the big guys, i don't know. I would prefer to see another big unit on the bench

But yes we make it hard for ourselves. We look the goods when we hold onto the ball. If we can do that consistently we are a real chance.

We should make McGlinchy our next Brenton Lawrence next year as he same size and speed to make a great prop to replace kite.

HappilyManly said:
Watched all 3 Grades yesterday and Dane Chisholm needs to be put on our bench instead of Buhrer.

He had two 40/20, ran almost the length of the field through traffic to score a fantastic try, kicked every goal but the one for his own try as he was so winded,was busy all day.:angel:

The number 18 was Dean McGlinchy, the worlds biggest winger. He was into everything and would fit into the front row by matching BJ's size and speed. One to watch :angel:

The number 8 was Ligi SAO, very effective and James Cunningham went well too.:angel:

I am sad to say that Ben Farrar was insipid at best. Even Bani ran past him to score a try :(

It was a great come from behind win for the NSW Cup Team and I am sure that they enjoyed playing in front of about 3,000 people :)

@HappilyManly,

Fairy Bower's post:

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-R11-MANLY-NSW-CUP-V-MOUNTIES?pid=501231#pid501231

says that our number 4 was Troy Savage but that doesn't necessarily mean that it was him as the other players that you have mentioned don't align up with what was on the initial team list. :)

Agree. Dane Chisholm on the bench.
Hiku made some good tackles and is improving.
As for size, it seems the biggest players on the field in the Under 20s these days are the wingers. We have a couple of monsters in our backline. But size doesn't always equate to ability.

HappilyManly said:

nice work mate , appreciate the update.. hope to see this new talent in first grade soon
cheers

Whilst I am not privy to the 2 Boys RL Talents apart from watching them on the field, Chiz the Whiz impressed last year when he killed us playing for Balmain. 2V obviously chose Hiku over Dane for a reason.

The ability to kick in play and for goals is a must as Killer needs a back up goal kicker - Dane has this. He also scored 5 tries in one game and has more confidence by being a few years older.

Hiku is really coming along, so I would still start Dane on the bench as we need a creative back to come on and mix up the drudge. Unfortunately Buhrer has limited variety in attack.

Hiku's knock ons can be ironed out, but his speed is not there.
That's what I noticed when he first came on the Wing.

Dane has his father Ricky's speed.

Hiku's family being in NZ must also be a great consideration for him. The Warriors may throw some money at him now that Manly has blooded him as he is obviously a quick learner :angel:

I'm pretty sure Dane came back from injury this week so couldn't be considered in place of PETA last week.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2