Graham Lowe in hospital

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Heard on the radio:

Graham Lowe has collapsed at New Zealand airport and was taken to hospital as he was on the way to manly.

Hope he is ok......... not a good start

Max's fault
sarcasm.gif

Not really unexpected though, is it Vidmar? He should be fishing off his back porch, drinking a wine instead of running a 13+ million dollar turnover business.

Poor bloke.

Don't say I didn't warn you Vid.

Arthur Beetson and Graham Lowe both taken to hospital in separate medical dramas

RUGBY league is reeling from a double health scare after Immortal Arthur Beetson and new Manly CEO Graham Lowe were both rushed to hospital.

Lowe collapsed at Auckland Airport on Monday, while Beetson - Australia's first indigenous skipper and Queensland Origin legend - was last night recovering in Townsville Hospital after being admitted just hours earlier.

Doctors say neither is at immediate risk, with 63-year-old Lowe - who suffered a brain haemorrhage during a string of serious health issues in the 1990s - was released from hospital following blood tests.

The Kiwi was en route to Sydney to work with the Sea Eagles when he took ill, forcing him to seek urgent attention from airport paramedics.

Friends of Beetson, 64, said he was in a stable condition and had been speaking over the phone.

Townsville Hospital refused to give any details as to why Beetson was admitted, but it's believed he felt unwell while working in the state's far north. Beetson was last night reluctant to comment. "I can't really talk right now," he said.

Lowe was appointed Manly CEO less than two weeks ago. Asked would he continue in his CEO role at Brookvale, Lowe said: "Absolutely. No worries. I'm as sweet as a nut."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/arthur-beetson-and-graham-lowe-both-taken-to-hospital-in-separate-medical-dramas/story-e6frexnr-1225808393719

He probably went into shock when he realised that he wouldn't have to send out his CV for the next 2 years. 

Not a good start - hope there are no major incidents like the season launch coming up.

look all the best to the bloke, I hope he recovers quickly but is this honestly not a risk we should have considered?

We had a CEO suffer a stroke, whilst in Auckland funnily enough. We didn't see him for months and the company started going down hill, unfortunately Business isn't there to be fluffy and nice to everyone, and ultimately what is better for the business is better for all involved including employees.

However i wish him a swift recovery

I saw Beetson at the pub on Saturday, and he wasn't looking the best of health, but then and again I saw him in Sydney about two years ago and would've said the same thing back then.

Hey anyone would have a problem with the price of a sandwich at an airport, he just reacted differently to most :)

Beetson has looked like that for the past thirty years.  I was surprised to read that he's only 64, looks 84.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7