Grand final coverage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From the NRL why was this decision not done years ago but in any case happy to see this happen

The Nine Network will bring rugby league fans a full day of action in the lead-up to the NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final between the Brisbane Broncos and North Queensland Cowboys on Sunday – simulcast live, free and in HD on both Channel Nine and GEM.

"This is a great outcome for our fans who watch the game at home this weekend," NRL CEO Dave Smith said.

"They can now enjoy the best picture quality for the biggest game of the year.

"This is another first for our fans - it's the first Grand Final with two Queensland teams and it will be the first ever broadcast in high definition."

The massive Grand Final day begins at 10.00am when Wide World of Sports, hosted by Ken Sutcliffe, presents a special NRL Grand Final preview show, crossing live to ANZ Stadium as game day hots up.

Fans can then roll straight into the season finale of The Sunday Footy Show at 11.00am with pre-game expert analysis from Rugby League's eighth Immortal, Andrew "Joey" Johns, Peter Sterling, Brad Fittler and Darren Lockyer. Plus Erin Molan will be on deck with all the latest news in the countdown to the big game.

At 1.00pm the live rugby league action kicks off with the Holden Cup Grand Final between Penrith Panthers and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles. This will be followed at 3.45pm by the 2015 State Championship Grand Final between the Newcastle Knights and Ipswich Jets.

At 6.30pm, following a final wrap-up by the Nine News team, the Grand Final action will officially get underway with a pre-game concert by Aussie rock legends Cold Chisel and a tribute to the players retiring in 2015.

The voice of rugby league, Ray "Rabbits" Warren, will then lead Nine's NRL commentary team for the 2015 Telstra Premiership Grand Final. Joining him will be seven grand final winners: Peter Sterling, Phil Gould (coach), Brad Fittler, Andrew Johns, Darren Lockyer, Gorden Tallis and Wally Lewis, as well as Nine's sport reporters Yvonne Sampson and Cameron Williams.

Sunday, October 4, Grand Final Day timetable:

10.00am Wide World of Sports: NRL Grand Final special

11.00am The Sunday Footy Show: season finale

1.00pm 2015 Holden Cup Grand Final: Penrith Panthers v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (** Channel Nine & GEM) Note game doesn't kick off until 1:35 pm

3.45pm 2015 State Championship Grand Final: Newcastle Knights v Ipswich Jets (** Channel Nine & GEM)

6.30pm NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final: Brisbane Broncos v Nth Queensland Cowboys live from ANZ Stadium (**Channel Nine & GEM)

** Check local guides for times. Times above are AEDT.

** Times/Channels will differ in Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne.

For those in Europe, Premier Sports UK are showing all 3 games live (think streams/ expat pubs). Manly kick off 0430. Note NSW shift into daylight savings time this Sunday.

you bewdy.. Kenny Sutcliff is gonna be on the telly.. that'll be great ! what a guy he is .. not to mention all the other personalities mentioned like "Freddy" Fittler, Ray Warren, Gordon Tallis AND... Wally Lewis !! - glory be, it just doesn't get any better really. Channel 9, I salute you. .... and thank you to the guy who runs the NRL - he just keeps delivering. in for a real treat.

Last edited:
I can confirm (from looking at the upcoming days) that the NRL Grand Final will be shown in full on GEM in Adelaide......which includes coverage of the Holden Cup GF from 12:30 pm :party:

About bloody time Nein/GEM showed the whole day and not just the NRL game.

Go the mighty Manly Sea Eagles !!!!!!!!!

From the NRL why was this decision not done years ago but in any case happy to see this happen

There were rules put in place years ago regarding dual simulcast, these laws recently ended so that's why this has not happened until now. Over the next 12 months or so, you will find that the stations end up actually moving their primary broadcasting channels to the HD station, meaning that all the games should be shown in HD.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/02/why-dont-australias-tv-channels-broadcast-in-hd/

wow....2015 and it's the first time the gf will be in hd.

Well done.

nrl admins will crap themselves when they discover the internet.

Well done.

Hey @globaleagle , before youse get excited about FTA HD in 2015 in OZ - GEM in Sydney has a whole host of 1960's movies on Sunday :banghead:

Anyone with FOXTEL in Sydney, will get to watch the HD GF from 9pm (10pm once the Sunday Daylight Time is updated on the Program Guide)

Well done.

I believe it is referred to as the 'Inter-web'.

Oh...and it can also be known as 'on the line'

I know I will be turning the nein commentary to mute and tuning in to ABC News radio to listen to Roy & HG. This should make the game bearable instead of listening to Lewis & Lockyer dribble and the JT love fest from Fittler and the rest

I know I will be turning the nein commentary to mute and tuning in to ABC News radio to listen to Roy & HG. This should make the game bearable instead of listening to Lewis & Lockyer dribble and the JT love fest from Fittler and the rest

Fine....but then you'll miss rabs going on and on about how nth qld were cheated the last 3 years and now this is their time...as he did against the storm.

think of the children!!!

Have to say I will be the first to congratulate the most overrated player in rugby league, Jonathon Thurston, for actually wining a premiership as a starting half back at 32 years of age. Just a reminder DCE won his first Premiership when he was 21 years of age.
Let's hope the Jonathon can finally win something.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4