Grand Final Replay - Thurs 11/12 @ 8pm Fox Sports 2.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rex

Bencher
For us tragics who can't get enough, there is a Manly v Storm Grand Final replay at 8pm to 10pm this Thursday on FoxSports 2 (502).

Excellent REX, can never get enough of this famous, Part 1 victory series.  Part 11, Premiers 09. 

My DVD is almost worn out it has been replayed that many times, for me watching the head on (from the rear) replay of kite's try - just watching the players & crowd go up as one..........

Ahh the memories

I'd watch it just so i'd hear the Fox commentary.  I've not heard it (and since i don't have Fox i won't be any time soon) but just for something different...  It seems some people like it and some people don't.

I really wish the DVD had no commentary, just the crowd.

I need to get the DVD, unfortunately Christmas and a Fiance who goes nucking futz with presents for everyone despite us being on a budget, means I don't get it until next year :(

For now, I just watch it on fox from when I recorded it. I want the Ch9 commentary though

Ch 9 Commentary is better... i Remember watching the Fox replay so many times i could actually remember when someone would say a particular line.

Love it at half time. "Melbourne is not out of this game at all. They have some real stars in their team and they will be looking on them to fire in the second half". I cry each time i hear that. (BTW that is paraphrasing).

eggson link said:

The 2GB commentary is best for the crowd effects.  I love when ray says with about 8 mins to go "it is alike being at a premier league game" & the big man says in the first half " we have being playing footy here for 10 years and this is best atmosphere of all" (or words to that effect)

Hard to believe that Ch 9 would have the better commentary but they did by a mile. They seemed to capture the excitement as the game unfolded. Brandy was dreadful on Fox and they both asserted that Storm weren't finished when it was obvious that they were. I have both versions but Ch 9 is streets ahead.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=eggson link=topic=178969.msg204117#msg204117 date=1228770751]

The 2GB commentary is best for the crowd effects.  I love when ray says with about 8 mins to go "it is alike being at a premier league game" & the big man says in the first half " we have being playing footy here for 10 years and this is best atmosphere of all" (or words to that effect)
[/quote]

Too true.  It'd be good if Ch9 had more crowd in their broadcasts.  I remember thinking 'sounds empty' during some games over the years.

The loudest crowd in a commentary would have to be the Roy and HG one.  I love it.  Didn't get a chance to listen to the ABC version though, only the highlights.

MB, feel like burning me a copy of CH9? I can slip in on the 21st to grab it.

The channel 9 commentary does contain one pearler from Gould, just before Beavers try he was saying how good would it be for beaver to score, 30 seconds or so later gus repainted the ceiling

Fluffy link said:
The channel 9 commentary does contain one pearler from Gould, just before Beavers try he was saying how good would it be for beaver to score, 30 seconds or so later gus repainted the ceiling

Also when he says after Bell's try - "too good, way way way too good"

the bell try was probalby the best,

Watmough standing and offloading,
Hall charging through the middle and using his hips to push off a hapless inglis,
Crocker trying to run back,
Stewarts flick pass
The celebration.

Each separately would ahve been good. together awesome

It was truly a friggin magic day.  I'll relive it always.  So proud to be an Eagle supporter.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2