Grand Final: Storm Vs Bronco's, we cant allow this!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly must stop this possibility, and we may be the only team capable.

News Ltd and NRL will be over the moon if Manly stall as it will ensure both children make the GF.

It will free-up the long weekend for me if it happens because I shudder at the thought of such an ugly match.

Maybe a moderator should delete this thread.

Jeez I'd hate to lose to the storm in a GF.
Rather not vet there. Nothing better thanbeating them on one though.

Looking at the finals system, assuming Melb get minor premiership with us and Bris in 2nd/3rd (either way round) then likely us and Bris to playoff for a GF spot in week 3 of the finals.

bob dylan said:

News Ltd and NRL will be over the moon if Manly stall as it will ensure both children make the GF.

It will free-up the long weekend for me if it happens because I shudder at the thought of such an ugly match.

I'd be cheering for the Broncos in that GF.

I have done the ladder predictor 4 times today. and every single time ( with us finishing 2nd or 3rd) we play the Bronco's in the Grand Final Qualifier the week before.

SO

That could very mean either a Storm - Manly or Storm-Bronco's GF

bob dylan said:

the thought is just F..ked up Bob...I'm dry reaching as I type!!!:s

The instant those 2 teams become the last 2 in this year's comp it is over and forgotten for me, I'd be focusing on the Rugby World Cup and other sports until a few weeks prior to NRL Season 2012.

Whilst it's entirely possible, Geez I hope it doesn't happen. Lots.

Storm vs. Bronco's probably isn't even watch-worthy, and I'd watch 99.99% of the match-ups, because I love the game itself. Better off having it in QLD, where somebody may give a damn.

And yeah, I hope Manly push one of those teams out, but it's not about Manly trying to make sure they are in the GF, it's more about other teams trying to stop us getting there.

We seem to have that steel mentality Des appears to inspire into his players.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I went to Storm Broncos GF in 2006 and it was the worst game scenario ever. Hated every minute of it and only took the tickets as they were given free.

If that scenario eventuates there are 12 GF tickets for sale, but who on earth would buy them???

Who would everyone prefer in the GF when we make it? The filth or a pumped up Broncos with the lets do it for Locky approach

I'd prefer another NSW based team. I know that's harsh, but it's what I want. Therefore, that would include one of Tigers, Dragons, Knights or Rabbits.

dowdz said:
Who would everyone prefer in the GF when we make it? The filth or a pumped up Broncos with the lets do it for Locky approach

Is it possible for 2nd to play 3rd, if 1st wins in finals week 1????

storm v bronco GF would mean my family at the coast for the weekend fishing without TV, what a sad sad day that would be . It would be like qld playing qld in origin. yeeeew

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4