Grant Mayer gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

kingyfan

Reserve Grader
Just announced on Ch 7 news that Mayer has been voted out effective next week.  They said that he wants to join Parramatta immediately. 

Time for Max and the rest of the boards to **** off now as we are going to regret this. 

kingyfan link said:
Just announced on Ch 7 news that Mayer has been voted out effective next week.  They said that he wants to join Parramatta immediately. 

Time for Max and the rest of the boards to F**k off now as we are going to regret this. 
Zappia might be available by Monday

Bizarre.
but now it's happened it's good he is going straight away so they can get someone else in and get on with re-signing/negotiating etc.

I'm sure that Des and Scott Penn will be so pissed of at this point also why ****ing Parra of all clubs well done Manly this could very well disrupt the team now as a result.

If he wants to join parramatta immediately, he obviously already had the job lined up so I don't know if I would be calling it a sacking. I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for a release

Mayer sacked as boardroom turmoil returns to Manly

Rugbyleaguelive.com
http://www.rugbyleaguelive.com/Artic...to_Manlyl.aspx

The boardroom bloodletting has returned at Manly with news the man who helped engineer the Sea Eagles' 2008 premiership triumph, chief executive Grant Mayer, has been sacked.

The Manly boss will leave his job at the end of next week, after the faction that holds the balance of power on the Sea Eagles divided board voted 5 to 2 to get rid of Mayer.

The Seven Network reports that Mayer wants to exit the club immediately, but the club has implored him to stay on in the position until the the end of next week in order to stay out of the media spotlight until after Manly's clash with the Titans on Sunday.

"I think if anybody isn't happy in a position, to try and hold them there is a backward step," Sea Eagles co-owner Max Delmege told Seven.

It's believed Mayer has his sights set on the Parramatta CEO's position, but Sea Eagles chairman is reportedly keen for him to stay on, despite the vote to dismiss him.

"I think the Penn's or any other board member, would go with the decision of the board," said Delmege.

The political in-fighting initially prompted Mayer to offer his resignation in April, after it became apparent the majority of the board didn't want him in the role beyond this season.

A peace deal was seemingly brokered to keep Mayer in the role, but has since broken down.

we just start getting back on track and the board come out and unsettle the ship again

do us a favour sack yourselves

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=16769

Grant Mayer releases a statement
Friday, May 22, 2009

Manly CEO Grant Mayer issued the following statement today after reports appeared in the media about his sacking.

“I have not resigned nor have I been sacked. I have stated for the record that I have no intention of leaving the team, staff, sponsors or members in the lurch.”

“I have never spoken to Parramatta and was totally and utterly focused on staying at Manly after the board gave a clear instruction to produce a 3 year business plan which would see my tenure extended.”

“These media reports are exceptionally destabilising and I question why they have surfaced 2 days out from an exceptionally important game against the Titans.”

Go Manly

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/message-board-detail.asp?mid=129203&mbid=129171

Looks like Aaron is in the bad books with some members as well.

you cant believe any thing in the media anymore seems if you are too corrupt or dodgy to be a poly you join the media

byso link said:
http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/message-board-detail.asp?mid=129203&mbid=129171

Looks like Aaron is in the bad books with some members as well.
  sgt is not a board member.  He's a broken down old hack that gets his sense of significance from hanging around the dressing sheds under the stadium, making a nuisance of himself.

Kind of ironic he's making a pitch to run the website.  Let's go back to the bad old days of the clubby little clique run by the illiterate sgt and pacman.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4