Grant Mayer : should he have his contract extended beyond 2009

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

should Grant Mayer have his contract extended

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
100% yes. He's everything this club needs. Smart, loyal, passionate, astute etc. Put it this way. Remember he was on the footy show last year. Imagine that was someone like Cummings. I'd be downright embarrassed with the way that man would portray us.

After the show aired, opposition fans on other websites commented very positively on his presentation.

That's a rare thing.

That said, and decent club around would love to pick him up, and he'll get a job elsewhere easily. He'd have apretty decent resume. Look at his results !

Look at all the new sponsors on board as well. His commincation and affinity with the fans is second to none. 

All good points Ryan and i agree however if it were as black and white as your post i dont think he would have been punted to start with.

Whether he is an instigater, supporter or innocent bystander i do not know and as such cannot answer the question above.

but like ryan on what i do know i would like him to stay

I'd love for him to stay.  That said, i only know of him the same things you all do - being a great admin, securing sponsors and whatnot.

I can't really see the board backing down and reconsider him though, but if there's a peacedeal, who knows?

But If Grant's stuck on not going for a renewal then there's not much anyone can do

I'm with DVS.  Ryan seems to be related so his comments should be taken with a grain.  As I've said, CEOs should stay well away from the machinations of the Board.  let them fight it out and just do as they request.  If you don't want to do that and want to get involved, then move on.

I am not sure the partnership agreement allows a board member to up and walk away. Max is no longer the major sponsor. If one wanted out they would have to see their shares.

There is a suggestion that Mayer did not come up with a business plan at a board meeting and this was used to shaft him. Again, we will never know.

The hardest thing about all this is that we are not privvy to the reasons why Max or the other directors voted against Mayer, whilst the Penns did.

It seems pretty well self evident from the club's success that Grant has done a good job. Sponsorships have been attracted (and let's not forget we would have had that other online gaming site if the NRL weren't locked into a worse exclusive deal), he has been creative in suggestions for how to improve and sustain the game and responsive to fans.

Importantly he has also been a good media performer - and funny. Personally I thought he always had the better of the little exchanges with Storm CEO Brian Waldron (though, of course, in a battle of wits Waldron was unarmed, to use an old joke).

I accept that there is probably too much bad blood between Grant and the Delmege faction for him to stay.

However I am very saddened. I don't wish to take sides because ultimately I grateful to both owners for keeping alive my beloved club but I do think both could have done things a little better.

Ultimately I would appeal to all the egos - however bruised - involved to get over grievances and do what is best for the club. If that could happen then we should keep the current CEO.

Canteen Worker link said:
The hardest thing about all this is that we are not privvy to the reasons why Max or the other directors voted against Mayer, whilst the Penns did.

I know exactly why the vote went against him, and it has nothing to do with the Central Coast etc. 

Similarly if you look at what DSM5 is saying, Mayer did not get involved with board politics to get ousted.  Rather one or maybe more of the Board took exception to something he did.

I would suggest what he did was in the best interests of the football club and the ousting is more of a personal vendetta rather than related to his performance, which I think we can all agree is not in doubt. 

Arko-admirer link said:
However I am very saddened. I don't wish to take sides because ultimately I grateful to both owners for keeping alive my beloved club but I do think both could have done things a little better.

Ultimately I would appeal to all the egos - however bruised - involved to get over grievances and do what is best for the club. If that could happen then we should keep the current CEO.
  And I would suggest the situation is not irreparable.  Perhaps a boozy WCC trip will assist in settling a few of the issues.  Rugby League is still well oiled by good old fashioned bonding. 

Matabele link said:
I know exactly why the vote went against him, and it has nothing to do with the Central Coast etc. 

How can you make a comment like that and not either reveal it or even better substantiate it!

Without either it means as much as me saying that I have next weeks winning Lotto numbers, I really & truly do.

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179201.msg207423#msg207423 date=1234946514]
11, 28, 33, 7, 18, 31
supps 4, 41
  I would suggest you should lift your eyes top left then.

And how do you know I'm wrong before they're drawn.  It would be the most hilarious moment in the history of the site if they turned out to be right and I did not buy a ticket!

Wrong, as I thought you know nothing....................
[/quote]

I hope that they will reconsider their decision and extend his contract as I have heard of no valid reason why he should be let go.

if you get those numbers right Matas I'll believe everything you say in future.

Till then I'll maintain my opinion that you are just full of yourself and like to talk yourself up :)

Matabele link said:
11, 28, 33, 7, 18, 31
supps 4, 41

Yes you were wrong.  Last night lotto numbers were 2 17 26 35 41 44 7 22

Not even close. 

He said "next week's lotto numbers" though I doubt there's any suspence.

Currently 18/0 for Mayer's retention.  Phil Deans must have lost his password to silvertails. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4