Great day at Brooky!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Normie

Bencher
Just got back to Canberra with the kids after a great day at Brookvale Oval yesterday. Started well when my eldest kicked the ball back on the field during the 1st half of Toyota Cup and his shoe went further than the ball....  ;D
We set ourselves up on the hill about 5-10 mtrs in front of the beer shed and thoroughly enjoyed the chants going up through the day with a few ice cold beers to assist with the almost summer weather.
My boys and I enjoyed the game with their flags going whenever we scored. Still to see the replay to have a look at a few of the calls. After the game, the 3 boys had a good run on Brooky Oval and then we made our way to the club.
Thanks to Vidmar for getting a few goodies for my kids and it was also great to finally catch up with ManlyBacker over a beer!
After such nice weather at Brooky yesterday, I have come home to find that it will be 2 degrees in Canberra tonight........

Nothing beats Sunday arvo on the hill, the sun shining and 40 points racked up. Glad you all had such a terrific day Goldie.

Good to catch up Goldie and glad you and the boys had such a good day.

Always a brilliant way to spend an afternoon and a win against the Sharks is always so so sweet.

See you next time.

Farewell to Manly Backer who is heading north....enjoy and of course keep in touch.

It was good to finally meet Byso (albeit briefly) and a good turn out of the many regulars all having fun seeing the boys put 40 on the board back at Brooky.

(A fair few MWTS polos and NZ tour 2010 caps were being proudly worn for the first time on home soil)

Great day and my son thought it was quite funny - certainly got a loud cheer from the crowd!
The boys favourite chant was: "I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref!"

Safe travels to ManlyBacker on his way to Port...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7