Great Foward competition 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
The huge amount of foward talent for 2013 is exciting stuff.
Competition will be tough & some of the quality players who at times have coasted by with the fact noone was there to replace them will be peering over the shoulders, forced to dig in every game.
The starting pack is likely to be -
8 - Kite
9 - Ballin
10 - King
11 - Watmough
12 - Buhrer
13 - Stewart
Personally think Horo / Fa'aso will push for a start with Buhrer off the bench.
Big Lawrence could suprise in the run on side also & between young guns Sao & Chee Kam , 1 if not both will get a run off the bench in 2013.
Add big Rose & the dynamic Lawton who could well be a super impact sub for Ballin & will definately push for a reserve spot.
Had some decent backup in recent years but these new signings have so much more potential & hunger , the perfect recipe for a great pack in 2013....

Agree 100% Matt, and in fact some of the young guns may well push through, fabulous depth, Horo and Faoso sure to get runs and I have been watching Chee Rex for the Raiders and he's a real gun

I see we've released Cunningham. He looked like a likely prospect way back in the 2012 trials. What happened to him, or is it just that something better came along.?

Mark from Brisbane said:
Agree 100% Matt, and in fact some of the young guns may well push through, fabulous depth, Horo and Faoso sure to get runs and I have beed watched Chee Rex for the Raiders a real gun

Ha should say " been watching"

No idea why, but the name Chee Rex really appeals.

Completely agree MK. but i'm going to
jump in before Fro...it's forward.(geez that's anal:blush:)

wombatgc said:
Completely agree MK. but i'm going to
jump in before Fro...it's forward.(geez that's anal:blush:)

Haha - Some late nights combined with the rum caught up with me damn it....
Just got a bit excited looking through the roster after last year, when we had injuries & players in a rut & the backup was average.
These signing may not be the biggest names on the market but after watching every possable Toyota Cup game, would have had Chee Rex ( Thx Mark) & Sao on top of the hit list of future NRL stars.
Also players of the Horo, Fa'aso callibre may actually work out far better than She Rex due to their whole hearted aggressive style- exactly what we need imo & for 60 minutes rather than 2....

Seem to have forgotten Trbojevic, who I understand is a monster of a forward for his age (maybe the next Roy Bull) and still a kid. And of course what chance Gutherson getting a wing spot during the year and perhaps swapping places with Stewart on occasions.

Bearfax said:
Seem to have forgotten Trbojevic, who I understand is a monster of a forward for his age (maybe the next Roy Bull) and still a kid. And of course what chance Gutherson getting a wing spot during the year and perhaps swapping places with Stewart on occasions.

Trbojevic has a lot to overcome, Bearfax. Just because he is ok against the boys, its a big step up playing the men. Not only does he have the new guys that are fighting for a spot but also the incumbent NSW Cup and NRL Guys ahead of him. A Guy like Stromquist are next inline to get a shot at first grade in my opinion, 70- 80 DAMAGING mins as a prop in NSW Cup, against men, per game during last year has put him in good stead. Not saying Trb won't get a shot, just saying there is plenty of work still for the young fella. I hope the coaching staff get this right with Stromquist and give him his shot, as I would hate to see us lose another tested fringe forward in the way we lost Robinson, Lussick and Harrison. All that development gone... :(

Bearfax said:

No not forgotten - have seen Trbojevic in action & seems to be an exceptional young talent. Looked more the Brad Clyde mould to me but I thought he was not old enough to play NRL in 2013, could be wrong??
Agree Gutherson has potential to get an outside back position if the opportunity does come, but its these Forwards that can really step up in 2013 & make a real challenge after fizzling out in 2012.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Horo goes. He was one of very few impressive Parramatta players when he was given a chance towards the end of last season. He seems to be a ball-player - a five-eight playing in the second row. His attack was great, but I don't remember how his defence was. (did Parra have defence last year? Seems more like an open gate to me).
It seems to me that Horo could be used, like Gift, as an attacker, giving us a further link option to the backs, or come off the bench after 20-minutes to replace defenders Joe or Vic, when the game had opened up.
Perhaps he could be used to replace Gift, doing a similar role, to give Glenn some well-earned rest.
I'm excited by the recruitment, and upbeat about another good season. I think we'll be 'under the radar' for some time, with so-called experts suggestiing we are an ageing bunch and at the end of our reign. We just need a few of these young recruits to step up and we'll shock the RL world!

Gee our "L Plate CEO" and "P Plate recruitment officer" have done a crook job, I can see what so many were bagging them...bloodly useless...we go and sign the top gun from NYC, a star who could hardly get a start from the Eels, and a Grand Final winning forward from the Storm.

I mean, fair dinkum....can't they do better than that???

PS: Can't wait for kick off, "GUN SIDE" for 2013...again!!!!!

The Who said:
I'm looking forward to seeing how Horo goes. He was one of very few impressive Parramatta players when he was given a chance towards the end of last season. He seems to be a ball-player - a five-eight playing in the second row. His attack was great, but I don't remember how his defence was. (did Parra have defence last year? Seems more like an open gate to me).
It seems to me that Horo could be used, like Gift, as an attacker, giving us a further link option to the backs, or come off the bench after 20-minutes to replace defenders Joe or Vic, when the game had opened up.
Perhaps he could be used to replace Gift, doing a similar role, to give Glenn some well-earned rest.
I'm excited by the recruitment, and upbeat about another good season. I think we'll be 'under the radar' for some time, with so-called experts suggestiing we are an ageing bunch and at the end of our reign. We just need a few of these young recruits to step up and we'll shock the RL world!

Super footballer really exciting signing a change in scenery will do him the world of good. Wide running back rower really mobile could be the signing of the year. I might be wrong but I think he is an Asquith junior like foz

All of those fringe guys will be used, no doubt. It will only take a few injuries in the pack and all of sudden those fringe forward's come into contention for the bench. Injuries are a sure thing in a long season

Earnie the Eagle said:
Sounds good, Chee Rex it is then.

I prefer Cheech

DSM5 said:
I see we've released Cunningham. He looked like a likely prospect way back in the 2012 trials. What happened to him, or is it just that something better came along.?

I thought we still had Cunningham? He was at the player signing thing on 1/12.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8