Great win,but feel for big George

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pacman

Very happy with teams effort and performance,it was great to see
our blokes come home so strong and give the broncos fans a reminder of our dominance over them,i find it amusing that there coach always feels his side has rolled over or was coming to get us or has some spin on why they were beaten.but never conceding that the better side generally wins.On to big George though i thought he was nearly best forward on the ground in the indigenous rep game,looking very strong and very fit,with king out i thought he would get a crack and i believe while he has that fitness he has to be an asset to our side ,he is so strong.having said that lawrance was absolutely awesome and exactly what we need great signing.

Yeah, it must be hard for Georgie to go from the starting prop in the indigenous team (and to play really well, too) to running around in reserve grade. I feel for him, too. But there must be a reason Tooves isn't picking him ahead of someone like Gower, because George is obviously way more of an impact player than Gower. Must be still trying to send Big George a message (ie, to become Not-so-Big George).

Unfortunately, George didn't have much impact playing in the 2nds against Auckland on Saturday. It was not a performance that will win him promotion to the top 17, imo.

Sad for George that he isn't considered better than Gower.

However looking at the players over the weekend all of the big guys seem to be very trim this year including Taylor so obviously Geroge still has a way to go to get to an acceptable playing weight according to 2v

Gower is primarly a defensive second rower. He is more likely to face competition from Symonds than from George, whose best chance is to outplay Joe and Richie. With King coming back in a few weeks it makes it that much more difficult for George to break in as a prop. Then there is that big bloke, Sao, who I saw for the first time on Saturday. He was very willing, but coughed up possession several times.

I think this will be the story of Georges season....more competition from young guns who want to stamp their name on a starting spot....How good is that for the season......mongrel in the front row week in week out..

The ball is in George's court. If he gets some mongrel and rips in week after week he will get a spot. I love George and thought he is a nice guy off the field but that alone won't win premierships.

Great club man and the fans love him BUT I think he has a lot of competition now, be surprised if they would pick him rather than Lawrence on the bench when Kingy comes back, and also not In front of Horo when Gifty comes back. I'd say he,s going to need a few injuries to get a run.

George makes a good impact forward and he would have helped manly in the meters department against the broncos. But we are winning games and Toovey is probably trying to give as much experience to some of the depth that have not played much first grade if at all.

It's a long season and injuries occur. We are so lucky to have some good depth in the forwards this year especially the front row. Our backs even have some good young talent who are bursting to get a shot. To have a guy like George waiting in the wings is a luxury. George just has to keep positive and work on his game and be ready when the time comes.

I dont feel for him. He's a grown man who knows exactly whats required to be in the game day 17 of Manly. Work harder big boy, Tooves obviously wants more from you (and the team deserves nothing less than George in his prime)

He is not unfit but could lose a few, it is a fine line with him KE. Tooves obviously thinks he needs some work.

This year is the end of Georges road at Manly, along with a few other players like Kite, Williams, and Farrar.

manlyfan76 said:
The ball is in George's court. If he gets some mongrel and rips in week after week he will get a spot. I love George and thought he is a nice guy off the field but that alone won't win premierships.
Wasn't he a starting front rower in our 2011 premiership winning side?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
manlyfan76 said:
Wasn't he a starting front rower in our 2011 premiership winning side?

Yes and it wasn't his off field manor that won the title. I probably didn't make my point clearly enough, it is his performance on the field that counts. If he was one of the five best forwards we have in 2013 he would be on the team. If he is not then HE needs to put in more on the field / training paddock. I think George is an awesum character and love it when he is playing well ( as do most rugby leauge fans) but performance wins games in 2013 not 2011 form.

George was told two weeks ago he had to drop 8kgs before he will get back in the nrl squad. Pretty harsh.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2