Great Win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Was well worth cutting myself off from the world for 4 hours to wait for that !! Bloody brilliant

I knew we were going to win from the time we had about 3-4 sets in a row, right on our line, and we just kept knocking them over.

The best team effort of the year by far, you could probably pick out 10 players and say they had their best game of the season. Everything seemed to click

Orford was outstanding today, lets hope he keeps those displays going.
Bailey/Stewart/Lyon look like they are really starting to develop a combo out on the right hand side. My biggest disappointment in today is probably the fact we didn't attack that side enough in the 2nd half.

The pack all played off each other, and really worked well as a unit. Was good go forward all day which allowed Orford and co to really get us rolling

Will pick out a few for special mentions

T.Williams, outstanding, I was really impressed. Every time he ran, even though not looking overly quick his head was poking through the other side of the defence. On todays display and the potential he has for the future, 150k a year could be a bargain

Rodney, same old, same old from him, he is my forward of the season so far this year. Great to see him rewarded with a run on today, and he always pokes his head through the line as well. Top player

And my best for last, big George Rose. Some say he needs to lose weight, keep it on George, it is doing you no harm !! His running today was outstanding, near unstoppable, and it really just started the machine rolling and had us going forward. Management have made a great decision to stay loyal to this bloke, and we are now reaping the rewards for it, and it is great to see

Tough game next week, but we are well in it, and the Titans have never beaten us either

Kiwi, Orford outstanding?  He was OK today, not outstanding.  T Williams outstanding?  He was OK but still a learner.  He ran sideways......and slowly, to often.  He needs to stand back and run harder.  Choc had a shocker except for the hit on their 7.  I couldn't understand why they didn't kick the ball to him more often on the restarts.  His one attempt at a knock-back nearly brought them a try.  And he's still airswinging and grabbing.  The rest of your post I agree with.  Rose and Rodney best of the forwards.  Lyon and Stevie-boy best of the backs.  A good solid win against a mediocre opposition.   

I think you had the hate goggles fastened a bit firmly today with orford then DSM, his game was top notch

Choc was his usual self, fantastic with the ball in hand, a big hit or 2, and some errors witha dumb penalty

I agree about Rose, despite looking like he could lose a few kilos it doesn't seem to effect his fitness at all. I've noticed that he regularly has stints over 20 minutes. When he came on for his second stint today he was lining up for a hitup and didn't get the ball by the end of the set, he actually looked a little pissed off about it! I think his enthusiasm makes up for any weight issues, he really seems to be enjoying being back in first grade.

And Bailey does seem to be linking up with his outside men more than he was at the start of the year. I think he'll be a good 5/8 for us and $150,000 really isn't that much for a first grader.
Can't wait to see the replay though, I'm still stuck at work!

Rose was terrific last week against the bongos and has carried on that form.  Good on him.  Last year must have been very difficult.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7