Greater NRL Whinge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Enough Manly bashing goes on here I figured I'd break from tradition and post my NRL related whinges.

1. Cronulla. We're having them pushed down our throats this week and told to support them but why should I when I still fondly remember this:
    asada-march10.jpg
    Which leads me to...
  2. The treatment of clubs who cheat. Recently we had Cronulla get a slap on the wrist for the peptides, the Broncos getting nothing because they sacked Gee before the salary cap breach investigation, and of course the Eels. Oh, and who remembers the Titans players coke charges? Anyone? Anyone..? With the NRL's heavy handed treatment of those three I'm sure we will never see cheating again.
  3. Brisbane possibly signing Semi. And Napa. And Inglis. And re-signing everyone they wanted. And of course Proctor going to the Titans on top of everyone else they were gifted this year. And naturally this is all fine and above board.
  4. Anything else..?

The last Coke gold coast player to face charges has escaped jail time in court just yesterday. Thought it may have been a bigger story.

The last Coke gold coast player to face charges has escaped jail time in court just yesterday. Thought it may have been a bigger story.
*broom sweeping something under the rug emoji*

The common link here is that Greenberg has overseen or gotten his hands dirty in all of these.

He reminds me of Melissa Mayer except more incompetent...

Enough Manly bashing goes on here I figured I'd break from tradition and post my NRL related whinges.

1. Cronulla. We're having them pushed down our throats this week and told to support them but why should I when I still fondly remember this:
    asada-march10.jpg
    Which leads me to...
  2. The treatment of clubs who cheat. Recently we had Cronulla get a slap on the wrist for the peptides, the Broncos getting nothing because they sacked Gee before the salary cap breach investigation, and of course the Eels. Oh, and who remembers the Titans players coke charges? Anyone? Anyone..? With the NRL's heavy handed treatment of those three I'm sure we will never see cheating again.
  3. Brisbane possibly signing Semi. And Napa. And Inglis. And re-signing everyone they wanted. And of course Proctor going to the Titans on top of everyone else they were gifted this year. And naturally this is all fine and above board.
  4. Anything else..?

4. Some teams constantly getting favourable draws.
5. Bulldogs players constantly escaping suspension.
6. Thurston and Smith can say anything about the referring and cop no punishment.
7. Not one ARL team making the top eight this year.

Players walking off the mark to play the ball
Option 1: Marker taken out of play and extra momentum from play-the-ball and dummy-half.
Option 2: Penalty to attacking team for not square or interference in the play-the-ball.
Option 3: Ref asks tackled player to walk back and play it on the mark (does this still happen occasionally?)
Option 4: Risk of negative consequences for player/team guilty of walking off the mark (kidding - there is no Option 4!)

Refs trying to even up the score/penalties
If a team falls behind, logic states that they will try to push the boundaries and take more risks. Somehow it's always the team in front that starts copping it from the Refs at that point! Get rid of the square ups and "game management" for tv!!!!!!

John Grant
Greenturd
The commission ( whoever they may be )
I call on them to resign and get some people in there who at least appear to be remotely interested in getting this game where it should be from the grass roots up.

Players walking off the mark to play the ball
Option 1: Marker taken out of play and extra momentum from play-the-ball and dummy-half.
Option 2: Penalty to attacking team for not square or interference in the play-the-ball.
Option 3: Ref asks tackled player to walk back and play it on the mark (does this still happen occasionally?)
Option 4: Risk of negative consequences for player/team guilty of walking off the mark (kidding - there is no Option 4!)

Option 2 is the sad thing that usually sees the player(s) at marker who end up copping a penalty either for crowding or for not being square. Dylan Walker got pinged in Origin this year for crowding when it was obvious that the one playing the ball (1nglis as he does just about every time) was trying to walk off the mark.

I had a massive rant re Cronulla in another thread re: Cronulla whinging about their home ground finals "problems".

My feelings stay the same. They're kidding. And to have them rammed down out throats all week by the "media" is a massive NRL whinge from me. I personally hope they lose. I understand everyone's hatred for the purple scum but I genuinely believe they're record will be forever tainted as cheats in the case of the salary cap scam.

Media bias is a big problem in this competition.

Example 1
I read in the SMH yesterday Foran being referred to as a superstar. He only become one when he moved to Parra. I don't remember ever reading that adjective being used when he played for us - winning a premiership and I think a World Cup/four nations.

Example 2
Certain players like Corey Parker, Inglis, Smith, Ennis, Burgess . . . Etc. Whom most on this site would consider dreadful characters at best being treated like gods. I don't include JT in this because i do acknowledge he's a protected species but I don't think he is total scum.

Example 3
General anti-Manly sentiment that is now just treated as fun or populist in every media report.

It is much harder to attract sponsors and TPAs if the DT has negative articles about Manly every week.

Last edited:
I had a massive rant re Cronulla in another thread re: Cronulla whinging about their home ground finals "problems".

My feelings stay the same. They're kidding. And to have them rammed down out throats all week by the "media" is a massive NRL whinge from me. I personally hope they lose.

All week the Sydney media have basically been trying to manoeuvre people into supporting Cronulla. While I can see their point being the only Sydney team left in contention.....I still remember 2011 when that same Sydney media was doing the same thing in favour of the Warriors AGAINST Manly.

Would Fafita even have got a run in the semi final series if he played for Manly and had FKL on his wrist.
Why the week before semi finals we don't play Monday night football because of disadvantaging the side next week, but we don't worry about the same affect during the competition proper. Noteworthy that Cronulla's run of defeats started when they did the second half of the draw and they copped a few Monday night games.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4