Green & Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Darcy gave away only 1 penalty tonight ... that's a big improvement

I remember in 2011 being upset we let darcy go, then watching him at the Eels and thinking 'that's not the same guy'.

I was a bit non committal when he came back and after the first few weeks thought we got the eels Lussick and not the sea eagles Lussick.

His stats tonight were fantastic, around 160m, 28 tackles and only 1 miss. But above the stats is the other things, the intent of those metres, how he bent the line, his talk and attitude, and also his willingness to battle through his early game injury.

Keep it up Darcy, excellent couple of games you've strung together.

Darcy has been great the last few weeks since his mum unfortunately passed. Maybe he finally has that off his mind.

Whatever it is keep it up.

Green - well Barrett has to be given some credit there - obviously trained well in the off season, game him a shot then dropped him to work on his game and to Green's credit he has. Could end up being one very good signing. If he keeps improving each week like he has been then he will walk straight into the team every week soon.

Awesome game from Darcy considering he was injured in the first tackle. If only his mum was around to see him now. He's looking like the leader we have desperately needed. All he needs to do now is cut out those silly penalties.

And a fine performance from Green. Made a lot of good metres, particularly those blindside runs deep in our half.

Couldn't agree more. They really stood up and had a crack. If our forwards perform like that every week we will be in every match.
It's a new team forming and I doubt you can overestimate the confidence they'll take out of that win. It would be huge.
They are all good players individually and I'll be surprised if they don't carry on now and be highly competitive for the rest of the year.

Lussick has been bloody good the last couple of games. He's a changed footballer, changed for the better. Gone is the stupid niggle and frustrating penalties, replaced by effort and aggression in attack and defence. Long may it continue.

image.jpeg

Old Bluey Green ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6