Green.....well fmd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That was amazing.

SportsTAB were paying $81 for a $1 bet for Green to win in the 1st round, not many would have been on that.. Wish I had though!
(I was gonna put some on Green Hd2Hd, and Green win in the 10th round, myself, but the sportsTAB betting on the fight was strangely closed by 7:45pm where I was anyway, even though the fight didnt actually start until 10:20pm).

Quite a let down, really, even though I loved seeing Danny win, and win well.

RJJ has such a reputation, I still am stunned that he weakened so fast after that big hit to the side of the head and then flurry thereafter.

Great to see Green really come at him hard after the standing count - brutal, on it, and could smell his weakened/staggering opponent.

All that delaying prior to the main event was really stuffed too - wish they didnt go on like that.

Great to see the Green Machine firing and win well, anyway!

Sad to see a legend go out like that - although when has a boxer not finished like that?

Jones is 40 years old, well past his prime.  Green's career will always be defined by the flogging Mundine gave him.

LOL. Surely that Mundine "prawn" must be worn out with the amount of hooks you've baited with it. The fight against Mundine wasn't Danny Greens finest effort, and we all know his head wasn't in a very good space for that fight.....and who could blame him given the cicumstances. Sure Mundine won, but it was hardly a flogging.

Mundane has only fought two boxers of any note and got an abject lesson in boxing from both of them. He even managed to fight a not so good boxer and lose to him as well. Incidentally the same boxer who ran scared from Green.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever see Mundane vs Green II.

When is Mundane going to fight someone decent, 40 yr old or not ? We keep hearing about Pavlik and Sturm, but he still trots out Bangkok Taxi Drivers and South American hobos as his opponents.

That's a long diatribe but it can't avoid that Green's best known fight was one where he looked like a backyard pug.

That's a long diatribe but it can't avoid that Green's best known fight was one where he was made to look like a backyard pug.

he looked nothing like a backyard pug in that fight, more a chiwawa having had to drop 2 weight classes.

How funny was it, Anthony the scam Mundine tried to get into greens after party and got turned away. Loser.

I had to smile when seeing Green on the news saying "I've just beat the best in the world, why would I fight Mundine?"

He just beat up on an old age pensioner and he's talking about Mundine.  That loss really rankles him LOL.

Who is Mundane fighting next ? Some no name from Nth Qld, Rob Medley.......... Exactly. Who ??!!

Then his next show of world domination will be against whichever nuff nuff wins the Contender Australia TV show. Wow !!!!!! Some quality boxers there. That'll cement his spot as one of the greatest self proclaimed pound for pound boxers ever to lace up a glove.

When Mundane had the pulling power over Green he made him come down significantly in weight for their fight. Now that Danny Green has the upper hand let's see if Mundane has the balls to meet Green at his weight. Mundane must thank his lucky stars every night that he caught Green when he did, it's his only claim to fame and his only shred of credibility, and he is still milking it for all it's worth. I'd be pi$$ed off too if I was Danny Green, giving a bum like Mundane a leg up.

Of course Mundane won't fight Green again. It won't happen because Mundane is a myth and has been taking the pi$$ his entire sporting life.He has gone from the world's greatest 5/8 to the world's greatest boxer without actually producing any results to prove either claim. Good work if you can get it.

I have a new name for the myth that Green was weak from weight loss resulting in a loss to Mundine.  It's called the White Australia Policy. 

Green was either beaten or is greedy and stupid to have fought Mundine at a weight he supposedly struggled to achieve. 

That kenyan bloke off the contender would give mundine a run for his money i reckon...... if he wins it.

I'm definately a green fan and really can't stand mundine but if you don't think mundine gave him a flogging that night your kidding yourself. I remember heading round to a mates house praying green would knock him out but was bitterly disappointed when mundine began taking him to town.

Green was never in that.

Matabele link said:
I have a new name for the myth that Green was weak from weight loss resulting in a loss to Mundine.  It's called the White Australia Policy. 

Green was either beaten or is greedy and stupid to have fought Mundine at a weight he supposedly struggled to achieve. 

I love it how you think it gets under us Australians skins when you play the race card with Mundane. People don't dislike Mundane because he's aboriginal, they dislike him because he's full of ****. It wouldn't matter if he was white Australian, Asian or Rhodesian. I know most of his talk is just his "The Man" persona, but really at some point you have to put up or shut up, anyone with some self respect would. Mundane's spin on his RL and boxing career is far removed from the reality we have all witnessed.

Whilst having to make the weight didn't help Danny Green, you are right it was his choice. I was referring more to his mental state during the lead up to that fight following the death of his niece. His head wasn't in the space that it needs to be to compete at that level. He got beaten fair and square on the night, but it wasn't his finest performance by any stretch.

Jones should have retired 2004 when Antonio Carver knocked him out. 

For the past 5 years he has tarnished his career when he should have always been remembered as one of the best boxers ever. 

it's a bit old and Mundine like to hacking on Green at this point for what he achieved. There is only 4 years difference between Jones and Green, and Jones did just smash Lacy...who could be said to be on the way down also after being thought of as the next big thing.

Green lost to Mundine. He looked terrible for making the weight and admittedly got schooled with speed. Manly lost to melbourne in 07 GF too, doesn't mean fortunes can't change.

Think about how Mundine took Kessler on...he didn't want to mix it at all..and even after the fight he was taking the fact that he made it to the end of the fight with Kessler as a win. He ran the whole fight.

Now, put him in that fight against Jones, at that weight...and he would have dodged Jones all night and been proud to go the distance with a legend. And fair enough too if you like.....

But whilst Green and us all know Jones isn't the same fighter, give credit where it's due. I, and a lot of others thought the would get a boxing lesson and lose on points. Danny is at his best weight...now good luck to him.

And good luck to Mundine, love him or hate him. He just needs to start fighting some good fighters instead of RSL match ups. He is damn good, but doesn't have the confidence unless he goes further down in weight.

Personally i think Green would beat him at his current weight, but Choc would win at super MW and below, but it doesn't matter and prolly will never happen. Mundine 1-0. But stop talking like mundine has it over Green for the rest of his career and hang on a past glory...they've both moved on to different weights.

I see Green is at risk of being disqualified after vision caught him out with illegal hard wrapping on his fists. 

It wasn't "secret vision" or anything like that, so don't make out that Green is trying to pull a swifty.

Jones saw Greens hands being prepared and complained that the gauze he was using was illegal. The officials signed off on it at the time, but Jones wants to take it further now and has asked for samples for testing or something. We'll have to wait and see what transpires.

Have heard from insiders of a sporting organisation that they recieved a tip off from a very, very reliable source and a lot of money was made "predicting" this result, I was not surprised.

I see Mundane has pulled out of his "history making 4th world title" (his words of course) because he can't make the weight. What a joke....one week before the fight and he dogs it like the bum he is. Will probably now make his opponent fight at catch weight and screw him over further.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6