Greenberg - not fit to run the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It would probably be a safe bet that if Gifty was a long term player at the Scumdogs or the Rorters the NRL would have bent over backwards and moved heaven and earth to make sure they could retain him.

I mean, they did it for Mini, but couldn't find any way to help us retain Gifty.

What I don't get - after last year's Grand Final refereeing debacle, I, like I'm sure a lot of you, was in a world of hurt.:-/ It dragged on and on, some people finding peace earlier than others.:sleepy:

So after months of no apologies, no explanation or INVESTIGATION, and thinking our club has been totally brushed, I read in late March that Todd Greenberg had personally visited Geoff Toovey to discuss the refereeing in the big game.

The Bad: I just think that it would have been good for us, the fans, to have known at the time that our club had strenuously pursued the NRL for a refereeing report on the GF and when it wasn't given, an executive of the NRL chose to come to our patch and talk it through (I didn't see anything about it at the time). Would not have fixed the pain but would've been a bullet to bite on.:s

Just sometimes with the NRL/club I think they are throwing us a party then forget to invite us.:huh:

The Good: That Greenberg actually came to Narrabeen to clear the air. It didn't change the result but that visit took a potentially ugly battle out of the newspapers and for all we know has created a better understanding between our coaching staff and the NRL that will benefit us in the long run (music starts playing). A lot of wishful thinking I know, but just playing the cards that we’ve been dealt.

Gifty: Gallop was seen as always being reactionary and not pro-active. If NRL change the rules now for us, they get hammered as the same and for favouring the hated Manly - if they turn up in a year with a change to the cap that is their idea and will benefit all the teams then they stand around and get pats on the back for being visionary and supporting the culture and grass roots.:dodgy:

Hasler: Not happy at all with the way Greenberg was involved in Hasler leaving. In hindsight, I can see that Greenberg thought he was going to end up with a bag of gold from us but in reality only ended up with the bag.:D

EaglesDontTweet said:
Hasler: Not happy at all with the way Greenberg was involved in Hasler leaving. In hindsight, I can see that Greenburg thought he was going to end up with a bag of gold from us but in reality only ended up with the bag.:D

Are you "bagging" She-Rex? :D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4