Greenturd in trouble??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Wouldn't it be nice for this smug grub to fall on his own sword

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-reportedly-investigating-todd-greenberg-over-claims-he-ignored-ryan-tandys-gambling/story-fndujljl-1226912805500

Will never happen, there will be a claytons investigation and then an announcement that he is clear.

Maybe while they're at it they should investigate why he did nothing while that paedophile slime Les Bateman was allowed to continue to hold a coaching position in the club.

If hes willing to coax a contracted coach to break it illegally, why wouldnt he turn a blind eye rather than helping the kid, thus potentially saving him?

Symonds just cost us the win

Roger said:
Will never happen, there will be a claytons investigation and then an announcement that he is clear.

Wrong. There will be a claytons investigation and it will just be business as usual for Toddy with no actual announcement of any findings as it is just swept neatly under the carpet with Barba domestic violence pics.

I can actually see what the NRL see in him. The ability to cover up scandals would be an asset and he always just seemed to get nothing but positive press while at the dogs. A few skeletons are starting to be uncovered now though and when you consider his form and the dogs culture there is probably more to come.

Remember Dave Smith is a newbie from outside "the culture", (therefore NOT in the goat photos) I would say he wouldn't think twice about throwing Greenturd to the wolves and replacing him with somebody with an intimate knowledge of the game like Bob Brown or Candice falcon.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/exclusive-nrl-football-boss-todd-greenbergs-ryan-tandy-claim-under-cloud/story-fni3fbgz-1226915126387
Exclusive: NRL football boss Todd Greenberg’s Ryan Tandy claim under cloud
JOSH MASSOUD THE DAILY TELEGRAPH MAY 13, 2014

THE contents of a sworn police statement have emerged which contradict NRL football boss Todd Greenberg’s claims that he was not informed about Ryan Tandy’s gambling on rugby league matches at a meeting with the late prop’s betting agent in August 2010.

The NRL Integrity Unit has approached the two witnesses — Bulldogs football manager Alan Thompson and former racing reporter John Schell — who hold the key to Greenberg’s survival, which hangs on an internal investigation into whether he lied about having knowledge of Tandy’s bets on 2010 NRL games.

The latest probe into Greenberg’s former role as Canterbury CEO focuses on an August 17, 2010 meeting with Thompson and Schell, who was placing bets on Tandy’s behalf at the time.

In both a sworn police statement and evidence before the NSW Local Court, Schell has testified that during that meeting he showed Greenberg and Thompson a betting ledger that recorded four separate wagers on NRL fixtures played in June 2010.

Over the next two months, Schell pursued Tandy for $30,370 worth of gambling debts, and met the Bulldogs pair at an Olympic Park cafe to personally express his grievance.

Tendered into evidence as part of the DPP case against Tandy, who was charged with four counts of lying to the NSW Crime Commission, Schell’s hand-written ledger reveals $21,000 worth of rugby league bets.

The issue was revisited in the wake of Tandy’s recent death, with the ABC’s 7:30 program last week approaching Greenberg and Thompson for response over why Canterbury never escalated Schell’s allegations.

While Thompson declined to comment, Greenberg issued the program a categorical denial of being told about Tandy’s NRL bets at the meeting.

‘‘Mr Greenberg says at no stage during the meeting was there any suggestion or allegation of betting on rugby league matches,’’ the spokesperson said.

‘‘Mr Greenberg categorically dismisses any suggestion otherwise.’’

In Schell’s police statement, sworn to detective senior constable Matthew Gibson on December 10, 2010, Schell contradicts Greenberg.

In Schell’s police statement, sworn to detective senior constable Matthew Gibson on December 10, 2010, Schell recounts the meeting he had with the-then Bulldogs boss and Thompson at Raw café, adjacent to the team’s former Sydney Olympic Park training base.

“I expressed my concerns over the debt that Tandy had to me and showed Greenberg and Thompson the betting ledger that I had kept and also my phone records which showed calls etc,” Schell’s police statement read.

Thompson’s police statement, sworn to Gibson on 17 January 2011, also recalls the meeting, but is silent about the production of Schell’s ledger.

“At this meeting Schell detailed the amount of money that Tandy owed him and also a number of bets that Tandy had been placing,” Thompson’s statement read.

The two police statements concur that Schell did not wish to make a formal complaint at the time.

Instead it was agreed that he contact Tandy’s agent, Sam Ayoub.

Concerned that he might jeopardise his chances of recouping the debt, Schell did not do so.

Schell’s first contact with the Bulldogs came via Thompson, whom he had known socially for a year beforehand. The pair is still close and catch up frequently.

On Saturday the NRL announced it would pose questions in relation to the ABC report, which challenged Canterbury over its failure to properly escalate Schell’s claims at the meeting.

It’s understood the NRL administration at the time did not become aware of Tandy’s bets on rugby league matches until some weeks later, when it hired veteran NSW Racing steward Ray Murrihy to investigate suspicious betting around the infamous Cowboys-Bulldogs match.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal both Thompson and Schell have received calls from the head of the NRL’s Integrity Unit, commercial lawyer Nick Weeks.

Thompson refused to comment on Monday, while Schell said his ongoing co-operation would be determined by his initial meeting with Weeks.

Greenberg did not comment, while an NRL spokesperson said “the NRL takes such issues seriously and is making inquiries into the matter’’.

Greenberg has already survived one internal probe since his appointment to League Central last August, with the Integrity Unit approving his handling of the Ben Barba drama over 12 months ago.

Hard to see Toddy going down on this if Thompson either denies it or can't remember. However the smoke floating around him is taking on a more and more fetid odour.
The NRL should talk to Air Wick about becoming a major sponsor.

Would be sooo good to see this slime get fried. He was dodgy at the dogs, is still dodgy and by no means impartial in his role.
But he'll worm his way out of this as he has done in the past and will continue being a burden to the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles.
Party time at Manly if he does go down though. I'll certainly toast to his departure.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6