Greg Bird Rally

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Sounds a bit like the 'save monas' rally.  There is some interesting comments of news.com.au about the issue;

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/comments/0,22058,24741750-5001023,00.html

Some smart arse Manly fan  ;)  has put in the comment below about the Sharks trophy room

I think all Cronulla fans should protest against this injustice. Suggest that the fans march past their trophy room at the Leagues Club to voice their anger!! Oh as the Sharks have never won a thing since 1967 I guess they might not have a trophy room.
Posted by: Sea Eagle Fan of Brookvale 12:24pm today

The sharks can always go the north sydney leagues club and model their trophy room on the bears one. 

The shire scum can go to the rally and smash beer glasses into each others faces. 

Disrespectful to put Monas name alongside Bird's.  Bird is a complete scumbag.  I hated it when he scored that winning try against us last season at Brooky, running over to their fans, stupid grin on his ugly face.  I loath their fans and all that club stands for.  Bird and Stuart deserve each other, both total grubs.   

Canteen Worker link said:
Save Bird Rally??? Noone would turn up!!!
  You underestimate the mentality of the convict red neck scum bags that turned the place into a war zone 3 years ago in their pursuit of the glory days of the White Australia Policy.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=178955.msg203825#msg203825 date=1228270417]
Save Bird Rally??? Noone would turn up!!!
  You underestimate the mentality of the convict red neck scum bags that turned the place into a war zone 3 years ago in their pursuit of the glory days of the White Australia Policy.
[/quote]

If Hasem el masri played for the sharks and was facing the same charges I doubt that there would be a rally to save him.   

Had a chuckle at these comments on the telegraph

I will be coming to Cronulla to support my Bogan Bros!...NOT!
Posted by: Mohammed of Lakemba

Am getting in early...am sending texts messages to the Bros to come down to Cronulla to support the Bogans of the Shire.....
Posted by: Mohammed of Lakemba

One of the best games of my life was last season's win over the Gummies down there at their ****ty ground. Swept them away with power and precision.  Their 'fans' were silent as we sang our way to an easy win.  It was an excellent night.

They have no money and keeping Bird will ensure that no sponsors come on board for at least 2 years. Let the Boganshire go for it - they will be broke by April and have to support the red & whites.

Some classics comments now - basically all of them paying out on the rednecks

I suppose this will give the dozen or so Sharks fans out there a chance to practice for when they have a Save The Sharks rally in a few years time.

****ing lol'ed so hard

I don't understand how the Sharks can do anything about this situation.

If he's found not-guilty & they sack him, he'll do them for wrongful dismissal.
If he is found guilty he'll be in gaol & the Sharks can't do anything about that.

This is a matter between the accused & the police, Cronulla is just a spectator whether their marketing department likes it or not.

Well i am looking forward to the news highlights tonight - the inbred scum storming the leagues club in protest.  Wonder if they will get past the first bar and/or poker machine.

Notice they have 3 or 4 additional indescretions to add to the glassing

I love that Bird still claims he did nothing, supported in this story by his girlfriend.

It must be the first case in history of someone lying to the club and getting a mate to take the rap for something he didn't actually do.

In the end, Bird will get sacked for breaches of his contract rather than the alleged glassing thing!!

He wont go to jail Duff, the charge of maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent to do so was dropped and replaced with reckless wounding, as his dumb arse girlfriend has refused to testify or provide evidence. He might even get off the reckless wounding one without her testifying.

The charge he cant get off though is making a false accusation/lying to police. His mate has already testified to that.

The sharks are in a position to do whatever they want really.

I know that Bird is a lying scumbag, but I think it's a bit rich for the NRL to swan in and talk of deregistration. 

They have to protect the club. If the Sharks sack him, then another club picks him up for next year, there's no punishment and the only people that lose are the Sharks. If the Sharks sack him the NRL should ban him for the remainder of his contract with the Sharks.

Like the Sharks, the NRL has its hands tied, pretty much.  Sporting organisations are finding it harder and harder to turn a blind eye (a la Katie Milligan) to serious player misdemeanours.  Too many sponsorship dollars at risk to sweep under the blood-soaked carpet.

The thing is it's the Sharks decision not the NRLs.  If the Sharks don't sack the scumbag, and someone in the NRL deem they should have, would they deregister him to protect the club from itself?  And surely it's the next clubs dilemma whether to sign the damaged goods or not.  Buyer beware.  At what point should the NRL get involved?  Are the sponsorship dollars, or dare I say News Ltd, having to much say over the civil rights of players.             

I think he's just starting a four year, 350K per annum contract DVS.  Very expensive.  I wonder what it will cost them to sack him?  Anyone know?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4