Gunman fires at Hayne and Gasnier in Kings Cross

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Two high-profile NRL players have been linked to a Kings Cross nightclub shooting.

Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne and St George's Mark Gasnier were reportedly involved in an incident that led to shots being fired at them near the corner of Ward Avenue and Kellett Street.

"It's my information that the player that was shot at is Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne," Macquarie Radio rugby league commentator Ray Hadley says.

"I've spoken to (Parramatta CEO) Denis Fitzgerald (and) he has confirmed that he understands that Jarryd Hayne was the subject of gunfire outside or near the nightclub this morning."

Mr Fitzgerald later told AAP the club was trying to contact Hayne.

"We've obviously heard the reports but have been unable to contact Jarryd Hayne so we are none the wiser in regard to that at this stage," he said.

"We are trying to locate him and others..."

Asked if he knew the identity of the second player involved in the incident, Mr Fitzgerald said: "I've heard inside the club that there was an incident and that the other player, but this is not official, is a player from another club - it was (St George-Illawara's) Mark Gasnier."

The players escaped injury in the shooting, which occurred about 4am (AEDT).

It's understood a man involved in an incident with the NRL players inside the Sapphire Suite nightclub fired shots at them from the rear seat of a taxi.

The shooting was the second in the area in less than 12 hours, after a 55-year-old man was shot in the leg last night.

Police said the man, reported to be the manager of the Sapphire Suite club, was found slumped in its doorway about 8.40pm (AEDT) yesterday.
He was taken to St Vincent's hospital where he remained in a stable condition.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7