• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Footy show,Gus and his masterclass,did anyone see it?its basically Gus kissing the ass of Billy Slater/Benji Marshall/whoevers on next week for 10 minutes,i would love to see what would happen if any manly boy sat down in the chair for masterclass (stongly doubt it will ever happen),Gus would never be able to praise any of our boys like he does Billy or Benji ,he would severely cringe at the thought of it,just my thoughts.

That's a load of crap. Gus constantly praised Beaver throughout his career and even made a speech at his tribute night. He also gave our players a huge amount of praise in 2008, and if we ever got a ch 9 game this year he would do the same if the players warranted it. He calls it as he sees it, and personally I usually agree with him. As much as the Slater and Marshall lovefest is sickening, it must be said they are special players when they are firing.

mcatt link said:
That's a load of crap. Gus constantly praised Beaver throughout his career and even made a speech at his tribute night. He also gave our players a huge amount of praise in 2008, and if we ever got a ch 9 game this year he would do the same if the players warranted it. He calls it as he sees it, and personally I usually agree with him. As much as the Slater and Marshall lovefest is sickening, it must be said they are special players when they are firing.
yea i can take your point,but i tend to think he doesn't really like manly all that much and couldn't see him kissing upto our boys like he does slater etc...im sure alot of ppl would agree with me.

Gus does not call it as he sees it, he has a huge amount of bias not only that, I suspect that he is told to say certain things and keep quiet on others. He is slowly becoming another NRL yes man.

TBH for mine, even though Matty John has a lot of clown in his show, the segment with Parramatta CEO , Osborn last night was one of the best footy segments I have seen for a while.

They really put him under the grill and it was good to see the hard questions being asked and seeing a ceo taking it.

For mine, I will gladly watch SEGMENTS of the Matty Johns show but the footy show has lost all credibility for mine

I think big Wendall has been told to pull his head in slightly on NRL on Fox too. I dont mind him but gee he can go over the top with his bull**** sometimes.

yeah he isn't as funny as he was last year but it's all tongue in cheek from him

Dan link said:
Gus does not call it as he sees it, he has a huge amount of bias not only that, I suspect that he is told to say certain things and keep quiet on others. He is slowly becoming another NRL yes man.

TBH for mine, even though Matty John has a lot of clown in his show, the segment with Parramatta CEO , Osborn last night was one of the best footy segments I have seen for a while.

They really put him under the grill and it was good to see the hard questions being asked and seeing a ceo taking it.

For mine, I will gladly watch SEGMENTS of the Matty Johns show but the footy show has lost all credibility for mine
Hear Hear dan,someone shares my view on this i agree with you.

I was apalled that the NRL came out and suggested that their mooted change to the corner post rule is attributable to Ch 9.  Maybe it is, but don't encourage them because they've crapped on for years about it, ad naseum, to the point of tears.  This will just give them license to launch every little soapbox issue they have, and Gould is the master at whingeing and whining until the game is formed to his vision of utopia - replete with an annual winner from the western suburbs of Sydney each year.

Why don't they replay the 2 part one on one interview he did with Sonny Bill.

Gus made out what a champion down to earth bloke he was and within 2 months he shot thru.

Speaking of media darlings, interesting to note Hindmarsh's 266th game is getting more fanfare than anything given Beaver.  NRL.com even has a banner lauding the useless plodder. 

His corner post rule change is a joke. I wrote into 2gb about it.

What happens if you kick the ball and it bounces back into play. According to the rule change the ball will still be in play. How crazy is that. It also means scoring a try as a winger is easier. Not impressed with this rule at all

tell them they are good players, but that segment is very gay!

Fool Gould adored Fittler big time too.

If Ian roberts was interviewed, the show would have been very different 

'not that there's anything wrong with it'

The Channel 9 crew just lather when Hayne gets the ball.  Did nothing with it mind, but that doesn't count when Rabbits gets to cream his smelly old pants when he has.  And I just hate it when he refers to players by their first names.  Stupid old goat!
'not that there's anything wrong with being old'

What is this change in the corner post rule ? Haven't read of one yet

If it is as they have been suggesting, and that the ball or player shouldn't be out, then I support that 100%. Shouldn't imo be a few centimetres of the field treated differently to the other 120m

After all the complaining for years about the lack of serious footy chat on the footy show, now that they have that with Masterclass everyone is still complaining ? I am no fan of Slater or the Storm, anybody that knows me can attest to that, but I still found some parts of that segment good and learnt a thing or 2 from them

The best thing about Gus, is that every week he is calling Robert Finch out about his pack of refs, which are appalling at the moment

So kiwi are you saying that if you kick the ball and it hits the corner post and stays in the field instead of going out like it would if the post isn't there then that is good?

I am sorry but that's ****.

The rules original intention was that if the ball contacts the post it is out as it would have gone through that space and ended up out of play, that was later distorted to any contact but for mine if the ball by itself ever contacts the post it should always be considered out

No mate, if the ball hits the post, it should be considered dead in goal

What I have always been against is a guy in mid air being considered out when touching the post grounding the ball, where 1m down the park it is a fair try

As I said, I have no idea what the new rule being talked about is, but I am certainly against a player in mid air touching the post being considered out, I am quite happy to have the post there as a reference point for the ball though

DSM5 link said:
The Channel 9 crew just lather when Hayne gets the ball.  Did nothing with it mind, but that doesn't count when Rabbits gets to cream his smelly old pants when he has.  And I just hate it when he refers to players by their first names.  Stupid old goat!
'not that there's anything wrong with being old'

Gus has to pull out of Hayne soon - he just loves him sooo much..

That is basically the rule as of 2011. The corner post is no longer considered out. However once again tge moronic nrl has not managed to close all of the loopholes and not considered all avenues.

So now if the ball hits the corner post it is still on. I have seen this happen twice at least this year.
For mine the corner post adds a new and exciting element to a winger scoring a try. Now they can just take a wild jump and pit the ball down. I liked the skill and theatre involved in avoiding the corner post or hitting it. The game won't be any better for this rule and there are bigger things to fix.

This administration lacks tge foresight and intelligence to think through these rule changes properly and without introducing further stupid problems like this

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6