Gutherson and Trbojevic are part of Toovey's long term plan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
IN the final round of last season's premiership, Manly coach Geoff Toovey quietly lit the fire in the belly of two local juniors with enormous futures.

Read More

IN the final round of last season's premiership, Manly coach Geoff Toovey quietly lit the fire in the belly of two local juniors with enormous futures.

An hour before kick-off, speedster
9551174340_9e7fbfe5f1_z1.jpg
Clint Gutherson and front row giant Jake Trbojevic were ushered into the top side for their NRL debuts against Penrith. Manly might have lost the match, but Toovey's move to blood the duo is likely to return long-time dividends.

The Australian Schoolboys have spent the summer training with the scent of the big time in their nostrils.

Although both are still eligible for NYC, Toovey intends to test them against older bodies in the NSW Cup to better brace them for a second taste of first grade at some stage in 2014.

Gutherson will be head of the queue to deputise should one of Manly's backs succumb to injury, given he's starred at fullback, wing and centre at junior level. As a prop, 19-year-old Trbojevic needs to be developed more carefully but is likely to get a chance with Manly's front row stocks diminished after the loss of five experienced bookends from last year.

JOSH MASSOUD
The Sunday Telegraph

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/clint-gutherson-and-jake-trbojevic-are-part-of-geoff-tooveys-long-term-plan/story-fni3gnk1-1226821374031

That haircut :s Wolfie must be envious :)

Both boys seem happy and are progressing well.
Clint will fill out and Jake will earn his prop spot in due time.

I just hope that the NYC have a steady, winning season, as last year's 50+ losses were painfull to witness :(

HappilyManly said:
That haircut :s Wolfie must be envious :)

Both boys seem happy and are progressing well.
Clint will fill out and Jake will earn his prop spot in due time.

I just hope that the NYC have a steady, winning season, as last year's 50+ losses were painfull to witness :(
I am a fan of Jakes and I would have him on the bench for 1sts, but not so much for Gutherson. I have watch these boys play since they were young and both off contract at the end of this season. The problems with the 20s they are using the same format in game plan as 1sts, which is fantastic if you have good halves in Evans and Foran, the 20s don't, their halves are very average, so that doesn't help. They also keep the ball in the forwards most of the time and very rarely was it getting out wide quickly last season, the wingers had the ball passed to them once in the whole 80 min. They have some really good players in that team, but are being wasted as they are not seeing the ball. Manly aren't really interested in winning for the 20s, as they will just bring some of the talented kids through that they want. Just like they did with Foran, Evans, Breuer. But for the boys, I hope they have a great season. NSW Cup should have a good season as they have some good players in that side.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4